JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
a 1911 Glock. I would buy that.
The guy on the video says some interesting statements. But he immediately calls into question his credibility saying 15,000 students have fired 15,000,000 rounds. That is an average of 10,000 rounds per student.
But he is also unsure of his position he had to pull out the resume trick and say if you don't have my knowledge or experience you can not know what you are talking about.
I will not be attending classes from Tactical Response. I don't spend money to be called stupid.

hmmm 15,000,000/15,000 = 1,000, not 10,000. I know, not stupid, just a simple mistake. Personally I think everybody is entitled to their personal opinions, but simply should avoid passing theose opinions off as absolute reality. I do believe that wisdom comes from experience. He seems to have more experience than me with 1911's and Glocks, so I will listen.

hmmm 15,000,000/15,000 = 1,000, not 10,000. I know, not stupid, just a simple mistake. Personally I think everybody is entitled to their personal opinions, but simply should avoid passing theose opinions off as absolute reality. I do believe that wisdom comes from experience. He seems to have more experience than me with 1911's and Glocks, so I will listen.

Just because he SEEMS to have more experience does not mean that you should listen to him. "Experience" does not always breed wisdom. I encourage you to consider the term "QUIET PROFESSIONALS". I agree with MarkAd, I am not going to pay to be called stupid. I like my 1911, eat my shorts :s0155: that being said I like my non 1911's also. Like others have said... I could have done somthing else with my life other than watch this chuckle head ramble through a cut and paste video.:s0109: Ohh well shoulda coulda woulda

I've broken the code - he is a demon with intellect that is sharp like a bowling ball - he even put his disguise wings on backward.... and if he has such faith in the concept that having people down range makes shooters on the line "more safe" perhaps he should stand down range in place of the film crew - after all its his theory so he should be the test subject. The fool probably has another agenda - if he can get rid of the 1911 shooters he doesn't have to instruct people on the use of the safety, the grip safety, or even the position of the hammer. besides, if he can get you to have more range time it it more likely you will end up buying more ammo from his shop and more money in his pocket...

This idiot need to quit making videos. He also needs to quit wearing his kid's clothes.

Now that's funny right there,I don't care who you are.

Since you brought up his clothes,let's put it this way,if he was anything he said he was,he'd be sportin' some loge clothes that his sponsors gave him.

well, I, like millions of other veterans, HAVE trusted the 1911...problem is guys try to make it shoot ammo it wasn't ever intended to shoot. It was designed to shoot FMJ and does that quite well without a fluff and buff

The 'stacking tolerances' argument is ridiculous, you are either within tolerance for the assembly or you are not. The tolerancing is factored into the design. It doesn't matter if you machine everything on the high side or the low side, the parts still have to be in tolerance for product acceptance. Critical dimensions for moving parts are held to even tighter tolerances, so again, either you are in tolerance or you are not. Is he saying 1911 tolerancing is too loose? Maybe he needs to clarify this.

CNC machines are far more accurate and capable than manual lathes and mills ever were, even with 'unskilled' labor. What hasn't changed over the years is all machined parts go through a QA process; CMM's nowadays are more accurate than hand held calipers and mikes.

I have no malfunctions with my 1911, it has been very reliable. I don't know what he's talking about. Perhaps his students are not as bright as he is.

I've broken the code - he is a demon with intellect that is sharp like a bowling ball - he even put his disguise wings on backward.... and if he has such faith in the concept that having people down range makes shooters on the line "more safe" perhaps he should stand down range in place of the film crew - after all its his theory so he should be the test subject. The fool probably has another agenda - if he can get rid of the 1911 shooters he doesn't have to instruct people on the use of the safety, the grip safety, or even the position of the hammer. besides, if he can get you to have more range time it it more likely you will end up buying more ammo from his shop and more money in his pocket...

Karma will eventually catch up to that guy and help cleanse the gene pool

well, I, like millions of other veterans, HAVE trusted the 1911...problem is guys try to make it shoot ammo it wasn't ever intended to shoot. It was designed to shoot FMJ and does that quite well without a fluff and buff

My custom 1927 Argentinean and my Springfield GI have been fluffed and buffed and work with 200 GR LSWCs as well as nearly all hollowpoints. I did the work on both of them, myself

BTW it's a well documented fact that single column mag high quality autos are (in general) more reliable at feeding than double stacked. It's one reason I love my M43 Firestar 9MM backup so much. If the chips are ever down that little Spanish gun will not fail me. All I did to it when bought new is polish the feed ramp, install nite sights and add a Wolff recoil spring so I could shoot +P. 1,000 rds so far with not one burp

aside from being a man with strange opinions, his momma dresses him funny. Why anyone would want to take a class from him is beyond me. He does not have a professional appearance, from his clothing, tattoos, his demeanor and speech. All he communicates to me is "punk".

Yeah, that guy is full of himself. And he's mostly parroting lines he's picked from here and there. When he started going on about the 1911 having an arched mainspring housing "until you changed it," he lost me. The 1911 had a straight mainspring housing, the 1911A1 had the arched housing. Today, it's entirely a matter of personal preference. The latest Glocks recognize this, and have interchangeable back straps, same as my Springfield XD/M.

Many years ago, Col. Cooper instructed readers about problems of "tolerance stackup" in guns that were modified with numerous parts being changed out. This guy is just a parrot.

I confess I also wasted my time on the same guy's shoulder holster video. He talked only about horizontal shoulder rigs like the Galco he was wearing, lauding Galco to the skies, but not even mentioning different body types. There is a lot of history and a LOT of variations to shoulder holsters. Galco makes decent holsters. Whenever someone makes a really good holster design, Galco copies it and does a pretty good job. They are not the only ones, of course. But when John Bianchi made his Model 9R, he acknowledged its Berns Martin heritage. (Yeah, I'm old enough to have an upside down shoulder rig around the place.)

Mr. "1911's Suck" is big on his opinion, weak on accurate history and engineering, and unwilling to recognize that personal choice is important. I like the manual of arms of a 1911. I have a Glock, I have a Springfield XD/M, but I like the way the 1911 works. Any autopistol depends on the combination of gun & maintenance, ammunition, and magazines, to function reliably.

Yeah, maybe some people pin out the grip safety. Many more simply make sure they have a grip safety that fits properly and works for them. This guy gives his opinion the hard sell, but doesn't exactly support it with science.

Yeah, MAYBE he's seen 15,000 students, who fired 1,000 rounds each, so he's been in the neighborhood while 15,000,000 rounds were fired. But I'd bet he's stretching to imply he's taught 15,000. How long is a course? Do the math.

The simple truth is, any good handgun will work if it's taken care of and fed decent ammo. If you want that clean trigger that's possible with a 1911, then go for it. If you can be happy with the mushy trigger and unavoidable movement of a Glock or Springfield XD, then go that route. If you feel better with a double action revolver or DAO autoloader, then that's what you should use. When this guy said Glock is the ONLY gun, and Galco is the ONLY shoulder holster, he put himself firmly into the ranks of "unsupported minority opinion."

I'm way too young to have met Sergeant York, but I do know a guy who has forgotten more about 1911's that 99.9% of us will ever know. He has one he will NOT sell. In Vietnam in the late 60's he was under fire and rescuing a wounded Marine Captain, when 3 NVA came at him with AK's. He drew that 1911, made three quick and positive one shot stops, and continued the rescue. John is fond of saying "If you're gonna bring a gun to a fight, bring one that works!" He knows what works for him, but he will not disparage others who make different choices.

W/ re: to the mag capacity issue, unless you're with the Police Department, it's highly unlikely you'll ever need to be running around spraying bullets with a pistol. If the SHTF, people will have rifles handy.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top