JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
At first I thought this was gonna be a post by you saying 1911s suck. I was like oh no this guys in for it now... :) Still can't wait to see the replies to this though!

Look what I found on YouTube....
1911s Suck - YouTube

Watched it, watched several other videos by him also. The guy is big on his opinion. I guess 28 countries, 2 WW and over 100 years of use don't mean squat. His 15,000 students outway all the Vets of WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam and just about every conflict on the planet from 1911 to present. Good on him, he knows more than all those who have come before him. Yep the 1911/1911A1 is a total failure. WOW.

Excellent vid, I have 1911's, even carried one years ago, always cycled the ammo that was in the magazine to make sure it worked. CZ's and Sig's, Makarovs in my experience are far more reliable.A good 1911 is hard to come by. One thing though, a good one is one tough pistol that will take a lot of abuse and still work. I disagree about Glocks, they are good,but a Sig 226 or CZ 75 or Mak is a better pistol. So I've fired a shot over the bow, lets hear it guys:s0112::s0112::s0112::s0112::s0112::s0155:...Spad

a 1911 Glock. I would buy that.
The guy on the video says some interesting statements. But he immediately calls into question his credibility saying 15,000 students have fired 15,000,000 rounds. That is an average of 10,000 rounds per student.
But he is also unsure of his position he had to pull out the resume trick and say if you don't have my knowledge or experience you can not know what you are talking about.
I will not be attending classes from Tactical Response. I don't spend money to be called stupid.

he makes good points about tolerances. you have a batch of slides that are high on the allowable tolerances mated with frames that are low on tolerances and you have a loose fitting pistol. vice versa and you have a tight fitting pistol. those principals applies to other tolerances and systems like feed ramps and barrel bushings. but that in no way means that 1911's are bad pistols. it means that there are a lot of companies half arsing the production of their 1911 clone. there are no glock clones that i know of. glocks obviously have top notch manufacturing requirements. you cant say that for all 1911 manufacturers.

I will definitely not be going to his pistol course - Don't care to throw good money at a guy who's course may be ok but I'm not about to drop $450 plus travel and lodging in TN plus 1k+ in ammo over 2 days. I've shot enough to know that 500 rounds on a good day is good practice but if I'm off for some reason after say 150 rounds another 350 is just going to reinforce whatever bad habit I picked up and be a waste of ammo.

Regardless of his opinion I wouldn't want to be looking down the barrel of a 1911 - I certainly wouldn't bet my life on his opinion.

He does make some good points, but I would rather push a 1911 than drive a Glock any day of the week.:s0164:

I don't think that principle quite applies in this situation lol. if you know and trust your 1911 to work then by all means use it for protection but if you prefer it over a glock even though it has issues Id really hope that you would pick up the glock to defend your life. just saying (owner of both)

First off, I couldn't watch the whole vid. I just can't take a guy like that seriously.

I went to the website and the first picture that shows up (zooming out) is a bunch of guys firing in a line, and the guy closest in the pic is holding his gun gangsta-style. Yup, this guy has awesome training classes for sure! Learn to shoot like an idiot, but look cool doing it!

This should clear up everything. ;)

1phil.jpg

I have to wonder how many modern design/builds could or would pass the test that the U.S. military and JMB put the 1911 through.
Especially considering that they shot 6,000 rounds, continuously, didn't clean it, and used a bucket of water to cool it rapidly so they could keep going.
Without a hitch.

Not too many I'd bet.

Pheh........Guess I'll have to put my Kimber in the classifieds now. Anyone got a couple of Glocks.... they'd like to trade?

I'll put this in the ""Eight minutes of my life I'll never get back"" file.

Mike

I don't think that principle quite applies in this situation lol. if you know and trust your 1911 to work then by all means use it for protection but if you prefer it over a glock even though it has issues Id really hope that you would pick up the glock to defend your life. just saying (owner of both)

I was mostly joking. My go to gun is a Sig 229 most of the time.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top