JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
With the absurdity of the courts trying to stop the release of files for 3D printing firearms which have already been in the internet for years it is a good reminder to remember that guys in the Philippines are making 1911's with hand tools.

1.png

2.png 3.png 4.png

5.png

One day I'll take up a project like this.

How hard can it be when guys in the middle of a rainforest on some shack can do it.

I remember watching a video of some guys in a shack using old Chevy engine blocks as materials.

One day I'll take up a project like this.

How hard can it be when guys in the middle of a rainforest on some shack can do it.

I remember watching a video of some guys in a shack using old Chevy engine blocks as materials.

I dont think I'd want to start with an engine block but a match fit 80% 1911 is a great project. The ones I made are now with my step son and he just had a son so Im hoping one day a great grandson will be inheriting it wondering how I made it.

i dont think id use a chevy engine block. maybe an old pontiac engine with higher nickel content OR do an "LS "1911:rolleyes: all aluminum baby! LS is all the rave these days!

That vice video is BS because all the finished pieces are clearly factory made. Its just staged for a sensational video.

No way these are hand made

View attachment 633497
exactly. please tell me how theyre gettin that machined surface out there with basic hand tools. that video was made specifically for propaganda. the sad thing is, people that know NOTHING about firearms will soak it all up like a sponge

So they are trying to keep it quiet and discreet - yet they think nothing of test firing them outside?

Why would they go through the trouble of forward serrations, ports and lettering on the slides?

AK_s_for_everyone.png

You don't need no CNC machine or 3D printer........

and

Apparently you can make an AK-47 out of just about anything (25 Photos)

Aloha, Mark

PS....the way I see it....guns or not....the GOVT is looking to re-write the laws on manufacturing/building/possessing machinery etc.... by using home built firearms as the excuse. Not to mention.....all while trampling on: Freedom of Speech and Freedom of the Press.

Last Edited:
So they are trying to keep it quiet and discreet - yet they think nothing of test firing them outside?

Why would they go through the trouble of forward serrations, ports and lettering on the slides?

That was one of the big laughs to me. Claiming the neighbors would turn them in, yet fire the damn thing outside? While I have no doubt you "could" make a 1911 the way they claim, there is no way in hell those nice looking pistols were made that way. Also why clone the 1911 that way? There are later designs that are light years less parts and would be so much easier.
They said they can weld, so Mac or Sten clones would be light years easier to make.

While exploring In the 60's I came upon a fellow in Singapore pouring molten metal into a hole in the floor where he has previously formed a mold for a Mercedes water pump. Then, with not much more than a bow drill, hacksaw blades, files, hammers, and a few other assorted mostly hand made tools, in an 8X12' dirt floor hutch, (six feet of it being used by another entrepreneur) and by the end of the second day, had drilled, filed it, fitted it with the seals, bearings and the old rotor from the broken housing given to him to be copied and was ready for some guy to pick up for install. It was even painted! The only help he had were his (little) kids helping fuel and fan the furnace when he poured the housing.
Talk about an epiphany! (As a young man) I realized right then and there, hearing echoes from my father, the Gods honest truth that there really is, very little we can not do, with the right motivation, patients, and perseverance.
If the door seems shut, it's because we ourselves shut it.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top