JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Its time to add a little to this thread. I never grow tired of looking at 1911's.

pb1911_zps2365dcb7.jpg

This pic is a little old. The grips have been changed on the two Browns. And this was before RK Gunsmithing screwed up the Defender simply changing the sights. (I started a thread on that.) I'm still pissed off about that.

Time to add to this thread.

The wife says to me "I wanna go out and shoot the 1911's." It's not hard to talk me into that. :love: Then she adds, "Throw in the AR's too." So, yesterday she and I shot up about $500.00 in ammo. :rockon:

This pic is of our shooting table when we took a break for lunch.

20140127_140931_zps703809ce.jpg

Now I have a BUNCH of guns to clean and reloading to do. (Darn!) :cool:

$500 in ammo these days could be a box of .22's but looks like you were shooting the big boys so that's a lot of shooting. Which one is her favorite and which one is your favorite?
May God bless us all,
Michael

$500 in ammo these days could be a box of .22's but looks like you were shooting the big boys so that's a lot of shooting. Which one is her favorite and which one is your favorite?
May God bless us all,
Michael

Hands down her favorite is the Kobra Carry. Mine happens to be the one I'm holding and/or shooting at the moment. :D

You have a point regarding the 22LR. Didn't even shoot them.

Here are some ours, mostly done by me

1970s Colt Ace
Accurized by tightening slide to frame. Built up barrel to frame fit. Fitted barrel bushing. 3# trigger. And what you see

My 1970s Colt Combat Commander for concealed carry.

My 1970s Colt Gov't. Model

My 1980s Para-Ordnance gunsmithing frame kit with Colt Gov't Slide

My RIA frame with dedicated Marvel Precision .22 conversion unit. Unfinished

Wife's Remington Rand

ColtAce007.jpg ColtAce3.jpg ColtAce4.jpg ColtAce5.jpg 01ColtCombatCommander.jpg 05ColtCombatCommander.jpg 03ColtCombatCommander.jpg 04ColtCombatCommander.jpg 01ColtGovtModel.jpg 05ColtGovtModel.jpg 04ColtGovtModel.jpg 03ColtGovtModel.jpg 01ColtGovt-Para.jpg 02ColtGovt-Para.jpg 04ColtGovt-Para.jpg 05ColtGovt-Para.jpg DSC00003.jpg DSC00005-1.jpg 002Jos1911.jpg 001Jos1911.jpg 005Jos1911.jpg DSC00002.jpg 004Jos1911.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are some ours, mostly done by me

1970s Colt Ace
Accurized by tightening slide to frame. Built up barrel to frame fit. Fitted barrel bushing. 3# trigger. And what you see

Exceptional work !
Did you recall having ever done something very similar on a Springfield, as I have one that looks awfully similar ?

ColtAce007.jpg

I'm amazed that this thread has been allowed to languish for over three years!! Time to refresh it a bit. Hopefully some of the new members will have something to show too!!

WP_20170516_001.jpg

Top left - My Randall A111
Bottom Left - My Ruger SR1911
Top Right - Jeannie's Kimber .22 conversion, which I finished to match her...
Middle Right - Kimber Eclipse Target II, which she bought to go with her...
Bottom Right - Kimber Eclipse Ultra II

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top