JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Trade
Manufacturer
Colt
Caliber
45 ACP
City
Mid Valley
State
Oregon
Zip Code
I have decided to list this on an auction and it can not be listed for sale here anymore. I will leave the information about canadian pistols to share some interesting info.

Some history for those not familiar with Canadian marked 1911s, Canadian purchased 1911s in 1914 called Canadian contract 1911s. In 1943 a total of 1515 1911A1s were sent to Canada as part of the Lend Lease program. Very few are known to still exist of the 1943 1911a1s. Typical examples have the Canadian mark on the frame and slide, British proof marks on the frame, slide and barrel and are usually in 90% or better condition. They all had serial numbers in the 93x,xxx range. Exact serial numbers are unknown since Colt sent a batch of several thousand to a US armory and then they were distributed from there.

A firearms historian writing about Canadian firearms said only 11 1911A1 Canadian Lend Leases existed. However I think that is outdated information. I found about 10 examples pictured online so there is probably more. While typically British proof marks hurt the value, Canadian Lend Lease 1911A1s have sold for $3920 to $4420 in auctions I found spanning the last 10 years.

This pistol is within 6 serial numbers of a Canadian Lend Lease I found photos of online. The frame and slide serial numbers match. It only has the Canadian mark on the slide. There is no sign of one on the frame. The barrel has been replaced at some time with an also rare 1914 Canadian Contract 1911 barrel that is uniquely marked with a J. The proof marks on the barrel of this pistol match the type on the frame of the earlier British proof marks. The barrel bore condition is not great, it has some fine pitting.

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
Apparently there are 1,515 Canadian Lend Lease pistols. Still, quite scarce and very, very cool. Never heard of them before this.

I assume that stamp on the top of the slide says "not English Made" or something like that?

Darnit now I want yours. I have an original Remmy Rand A1 and M1 Garands if you are interested in a trade. Also have a repro ATI GI 1911A1 as well that you definitely don't have to worry about shooting a collector piece.

I'll bite, how much? Had something similar years ago that had been re-worked (feed opened, mag well opened, etc.). Always figured it was a shame. Glad you're leaving yours intact.

I would like to sell it outright but it is too hard to value without selling it at an auction. I rather trade it to someone looking to upgrade a 1911A1 in their collection. The value become much less important in trades if I can find a rebuilt 1911A1 with a nice looking finish that won't devalue if I break a link, slide stop or crack a slide. I am always open to any offers.

High on my list of trade besides a 1911A1 is,
M96 Swedish Mauser with a great condition barrel,
USGI 45 ACP revolver,
I would also consider Garands, 30 carbines, 1903s, 1903A3s, 1917s if they were service grade condition and really good bore condition.

The barrel being swapped and only a Canadian property mark on the slide probably reduces its value even though it is easy to assume it is untouched since the Canadians had it. There just is no sales history of of pistol like this. Rock Island Auction has one coming up that has Canadian property marks but it's serial number is too early for a Lend Lease and has no British Proof marks.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top