1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Handgun Classifieds' started by gunjunky, Aug 1, 2013.

1. gunjunky

gunjunky Arlington, WA Active Member

This 1911 came about when after finishing a number of other builds; I realized I had most of the parts needed to build a ‘spare 1911’. The only thing I had to get was a frame so I called Caspian and picked up one of their factory seconds (Foster).

I spent some time getting the frame lines looking the way I wanted and fitting the slide (an old un-issued military slide). The top of the slide received a matt file treatment and I lowered and flared the ejection port just a little, tried to keep it retro. Got rid of the sharp edges and fit all the other parts and finished it with some park and a coat of duracoat.

Parts list:
    Foster frame with 25 LPI front strap checkering
    Military slide with lowered port and slide treatment on the round top
    Yost retro rear sight
    Ed Brown MSH
    Wilson beavertail
    STI hammer/sear
    Colt barrel and bushing out of one of my Colt’s
    The other parts came from my work bench.

This will be a FTF deal only so buyer can fondle the gun and see if it is what they want, but this is a great carry 1911. It has some very nice parts in it but it is a parts gun and if you beat it or it gets taken because you had to ‘use it’ it would not break the bank.

I have a number of detailed photos (with a different trigger) if you want more send me your e-mail address.

Will have different grips.

Foster project.jpg
    PinkhamR, orygun, JohnnyD and 3 others like this.
  2. One-Eyed Ross

One-Eyed Ross Winlock, WA Well-Known Member

Oh, man. This is SO sweet, and what a price. If'n I had the $$ I'd be on this like white on rice.
  3. Nightshade

Nightshade vancouver,WA Well-Known Member

4. gunjunky

gunjunky Arlington, WA Active Member