JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone know of a possible issue running your 1911 without the grips on?
I had my grips off and noticed how good the gun felt without the grips on it.
I know it will give dirt a little more room to get in but is there a hazzard to doing it?

Yes there can be one serious draw back, if the unsupported part of the case ruptures it can cause serious damage to your hand. Several grip manufacturers have put thin metal plates inside their grips to protect the hand from this problem. I would at least install a thin metal cover where the grips where. Keeps it clean and protects your hand.

Jim

that would not be good,the extra protection of the grip would be good to have at that point.
it just fits so good without the grips.shooter preference i guess but i do prefer keeping my hands:)
i like the idea of some kind of plate in the recessed areas though.

I advice you to discontinue operating your firearm w/o the grips. The plunger is usually one of the weakest points in a 1911. Some 1911 rely on the grips for support. Should the plunger come loose, will need to re-stake. Some models have grips that do not support the plunger, and plunger never comes loose. It is up to you if you want to risk it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top