JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello all I am in the market for some new vz grips for my stainless 1911.I am torn between the slims or the regulars. I have large hands but like the idea of the thinner grips any advice would be appreciated or I might have to flip a coin...:s0155:

mono1.5_VIS_720.jpg

TRS_VIS.jpg

go to gun shop and try 1911's with thin grips.

I've ordered a couple dozen VZ grips in the past, unfortunately this company continues to spiral. Orders used to take about a week, sometimes just a few days, but lately it's gotten out of hand. My previous order a few months back took over two week, I didn't think much of it as I'm a pretty patient guy. My current order was placed during their Halloween Sale over a month ago, they've had two additional sales since then, and I'm still gripless. I've emailed them and they don't seem to be in a hurry to respond, or maybe they simply don't care.

VZ Grips feel fantastic in the hand. I have Operator II on two of my 1911s. The last discount was 20% off on Cyber Monday. Be sure to sign-up for their mailing list.

I have a set of slims on my browning HP. Love the look and feel. The problems Ive had are purely of a personal nature and don't necessarily reflect on the VZ product. Since I have switched to the VZ SLims, targets don't acquire as quickly. I seem to have to force it more vs a smooth instinct. The other problem since I switch to the slims, I bump the safety level on occasion which causes a failure to fire. All that said, I sure do think the grips are neat.

I've ordered a couple dozen VZ grips in the past, unfortunately this company continues to spiral. Orders used to take about a week, sometimes just a few days, but lately it's gotten out of hand. My previous order a few months back took over two week, I didn't think much of it as I'm a pretty patient guy. My current order was placed during their Halloween Sale over a month ago, they've had two additional sales since then, and I'm still gripless. I've emailed them and they don't seem to be in a hurry to respond, or maybe they simply don't care.

Oh great...... :confused:

I made an order last week. But I have received an email yesterday that said my order is on the way. So we'll see. :s0093:

Finally heard from VZ. They said they hope to have my grips shipped soon and I should be receiving them sometime next week. No explanation or admittance of fault on their end. I ordered standard website grips, no "2-4 week custom cuts", they clearly forgot about my order.

Alrighty, I found I have several grips available...that's what happens when you don't dig thru the parts bins for awhile, one forgets what they have!

VZ Gator, black with thumb cut-out, non-ambi - 50.00

Gator.jpg

Simonich-Gunner Golfball cut, black. I have 2 pairs, one ambi and one non-ambi - 55.00 ea.

Gunner Golfball.jpg

VZ Diamond Cut, black. VZ does not offer this model anymore - 50.00

VZ Diamond.jpg

Gator.jpg

Gunner Golfball.jpg

VZ Diamond.jpg

Hey wichaka I really appreciate you digging those grips out,I really got my Mind set on the magwell cuts without the notch for mainspring pin.I just realized I forgot that info in my original post :-( ..I appreciate all the great info from everyone ..:s0155:

Oh great...... :confused:
I made an order last week. But I have received an email yesterday that said my order is on the way. So we'll see. :s0093:

My order came from VZ on Monday and I promptly installed them. Yesterday, the wife and I promptly gave them a test run.

These Operator Black-Gray G-10 grips look, feel and shoot really good. The OP mentions perhaps going with slim grips. I don't walk in his shoes and don't know all the circumstances, but I also have large hands, and FWIW I can't imagine any of my 1911's with slimmer grips. Indeed, I'd like to find grips even thinker than these. But, as always YMMV.

Hope you, my fellow forum members and guests enjoy the pics and find them informative.

This is a little off topic, so I won't get into it to deep, but I also ordered some "Gator Back Posey Pink" grips for the wife's daily carry. (Yeah, I know. What can I say? She's a girl. Besides, I don't see colors to well.) Probably should have saved them as a stocking stuffer. :D But O-WELL. She likes them and says they make her P-238 Rainbow look "cute". :confused:

IMG_7791_zpse2819e75.jpg

I could recommend you buy thin, standard, thick, rubber, ivory, whatever, BOTTOMLINE WE ARE ALL DIFFERENT, that includes our hands.

Long skinny or short fat fingers, fat palms or thin.

Go try out different grips for feel and coming up on target, DETERMINE WHAT WORKS BEST FOR YOU!!!!

I'll stay out of the 1911 grip argument, but my uncle with much smaller hands, both finger and palm size, like the wood grips on a S&W model 29 (the .44 magnum), I hate those things, we are different.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top