Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

1911 Trigger Options

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Gunsmithing' started by 9mmMike, Apr 22, 2010.

1. 9mmMike

9mmMike Gladstone, OR Member

O.K. , I've been working on improving my grip and trigger pull on my 1911. I put a new set of Slim G-10 grips on it and it made a pretty substantial difference, but thnk I still want to go with a shorter trigger. Would I want to go with a medium or short trigger. I believe my Loaded Springfield came with a long trigger. I was looking at the C&S Solid Aluminum Trigger with stop screw and it's available in all three lengths. Do you think a medium would make enough of a difference, or should I go with the short model. Also, I currently have a serrated trigger, but these are smooth. Haven't shot a 1911 with a smooth trigger but have lots of other guns with them. Any preferences and reasons on this ? Also, is there anything else I could do easily to improve my trigger while I'm in there. I plan on buying 2 triggers and fitting it myself. If I screw up the 1st, I'll have someone do the 2nd one for me, it not I'll just sell the extra.

Thanks in advance for the input.

2. wichaka

wichaka Wa State Well-Known Member

I would recommend a short trigger with serrations. The serrations will help keep good contact with the trigger, and give your finger an easier contact point to remember.

3. usfatboy01

usfatboy01 Hillsboro, Oregon Member

STI's carbon fiber triggers come in 3 different sizes, they're pretty nice!!

4. eddieb

eddieb Tigard, OR Member

I just put a short STI carbon fiber trigger in my Springfield Loaded. Very nice and it was a drop-in part.

5. huntpotter

huntpotter SW WA Negotiator Bronze Supporter

See if you can get your hands on a springfield GI model, or an actual 1911-a1. They have a short trigger. It would give you the feel, for the difference between long and short. Medium, splits the difference.