JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
first a rant, why the F does so few sight manufacturers make a 1911 night sights cut for one handed slide operation?

now the subject: I can only find 1 company that makes a tactical Novak style night sight set for a 1911, Trijicon.

is it true they are the only ones making them, does anyone know of more options?

CA128Y HDNS - Trijicon, Inc.

CA128Y.jpg

I got a set of these for my glock XS BIG DOT SITES they say they make them for 1911 but I have not got any for my 1911 and I will post a reply after because it will be kinda long IMAG1227.jpg

OK here we go I bought the xs sites for my glock XS BIG DOT but the front site that comes is so big it made me shoot low all the time lol so I had triggicon night sites on my gun already so I mixed them up I put the triggicon small night site on the front and the XS SITE ON THE BACK and it works great the bad thing is each one of these sets of sites cost 100 bucks so for 200 bucks I got good site's for my glock .PS just so you know XS SITES HAS two different ones they have a set that only the front site glows and they have a set where both front and back glow in the dark IMAG1228.jpg

EPS, thank you... I have tried the big dots and like them but for this project I want the Novak style...

As for the one hand operations such as using your belt to hook the rear site and rack the slide I haven't found any that I like for a glock or a 1911 my Kimber has night sites on it but I don't know what kind they are but I like them but no way to hook your belt IMAG1231.jpg

first a rant, why the F does so few sight manufacturers make a 1911 night sights cut for one handed slide operation?

now the subject: I can only find 1 company that makes a tactical Novak style night sight set for a 1911, Trijicon.

is it true they are the only ones making them, does anyone know of more options?

CA128Y HDNS - Trijicon, Inc.

View attachment 398412

As for why more don't make anything, it always comes down to money. If they don't feel something will sell well enough they don't offer it. If they feel it will sell many will offer it.
As for Novak style did you look at Brownells? They look to have several night sights by Novak for the 1911's to chose from.

I been debating on the site's on my 1911 it has the huge swoop if I took my driemal tool and cut a notch I could make a hook to one hand rack the slide but if I mess it up there goes another 100 bucks LOL HEHEH

That's too bad. I have never heard anything bad about Trijicon though so if they have a set that will work? Can't see how you could go wrong.

I havent contacted them yet but Trijicon is a great company and Ive used other styles of their sights, are awesome.

I did loom thru brownellse and i think I recall seeing they tactical style but without night sight inserts... It just seems odd only one company makes them for arguably the most popular gun in America.

Sense were on the topic of changing parts on a 1911 ads you can see from my photos I was working on mine lol I just was changing my recoil spring and I'm sure you can already know how this story is going LOL yep the spring and the front of the gun went flying across the room where your safety glasses lol had to get flash light and search be hind my safe to find the spring lol

I been debating on the site's on my 1911 it has the huge swoop if I took my driemal tool and cut a notch I could make a hook to one hand rack the slide but if I mess it up there goes another 100 bucks LOL HEHEH

The idea behind your Kimbers sight is to make it "snag free". IIRC Novak sight invented that idea but I never understood why anyone has had a problem snagging their rear sight on anything and the loss of 1 hand racking is pointless to give up.

....and I bet if you had a cross slide vise, end mill and a drill press, one could do a pretty good job cutting a belt notch in their snag free sight.....

But im not going to be the one...

....and I bet if you had a cross slide vise, end mill and a drill press, one could do a pretty good job cutting a belt notch in their snag free sight.....

But im not going to be the one...
I got one of those used it for my poly 80 percent lowers

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top