JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just picked one up from : <broken link removed> Barrels.htm

From what I've heard, they are actually storm lake barrels, so they are good quality stuff.

The price is right!

With the 1911, you will either need to get a different recoil spring, or a suppressor with a nielsen device.

The Nielsen device (sorry for the bad spelling earlier) is a recoil booster, which causes a spring to store some of the additional recoil from the gas going into the silencer, in order to cycle it properly, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muzzle_booster

You would know if it is built with one, because you would be spending extra money on it! Depending on who you have make the silencer, they can come with one.

Which place are you considering getting one from?

See the pictures here: <broken link removed> The nielsen device is the knurrled piece at the front of the suppressor.

The best photos are the ones on wikipedia, basically, if you unscrew the endcap and piston, you can see that there is a spring attached to it.

Both of YHM's suppressors seem to have a nielsen device. THeir standard one does, i'm not sure about the 1911 specific one.

EDIT TO ADD: THem maxim doesn't seem to have nielsen device. I'd beware of Aluminum cans, they seem to have issues with cleaning and corrosiveness from powder.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top