JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Need some tips. I have 2 Kimber 1911's. One is a 3 inch, the other my new 4 inch. Im selling the 3 inch ultra but I want my night nights off it and swapped with the iron sights off my new 4 inch compact. In a nut shell, I want to swap the sights.

Heres where I'm seeking advice. I would prefer to not send both slides off to Kimber or anywhere else for that matter. Can anyone recommend somewhere in eugene, oregon (or near by) that I can get this done quickly, reasonably affordable, and without scuffing my slides? (both are stainless)

Also, how hard would this actually be? Is swapping sights just a matter of having a good sight press? Ive never done sights before.

I use a nylon drift punch to push them out. The front sight might be tougher, as it may be pinned.

If you're not sure how to do it, and are a bit uneasy about a possible scuffed slide...find someone local.

If you were more local, I would suggest dropping by and I'll do it for nothin'...but you're a bit far away.

Here the update with some pretty useful info.

I called WVGS, they said the little swap around would cost me about 50 bucks and take about 10 days. Yikes. At that point, I remembered the dude Caleb at Ace Buyers on Main St. in Springfield once mentioned to me that they had a sight pusher. I have purchased many firearms from Ace Buyers and have always known Celeb to be very helpful and knowledgeable.

I took my Kimbers into him today and he pushed out all 4 sights and swapped the sets around for me. He did this all in under an hour, and he did it for 20 bucks. He even said he can adjust them for free for me if I need it, after I go shoot.

He did all this with out scuffing my stainless slides a bit. He also started the work about 2 minutes after I entered the door. All in all, I can't recommend enough stopping by this pawn shop if you need a quick and inexpensive sight swap or upgrade locally.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top