Buster Beaver Cerakote
HighLine Firearms
Gun Deals
Sporting Systems
Advertise on Northwest Firearms
Defensive Arts
J&B Firearm Sales
Reactions
So I’m a pretty good shot with rifles but not shotguns and pistols.
Question. When you sighting in a pistol, do you sight the front and rear sight like a open sight rifle? Meaning do you like more meat on the front sight showing? I was assuming yes...?

Reactions
A set of open sights on a pistol are used the same as a set on a rifle. The front sight is aligned in the rear sight with the top of the two being level and the area on either side of the front sight should be equal. Some people find that a set of sights that have dots are easier to use than simple black ones.

Focus on the front sight.

If you do this, your subconscious will pretty much make you align the rears, which should be a fuzzy part if your sight picture. The target should be out of focus as well.

I will admit that even though I don’t carry an RDS on my pistol, it does allow you to focus on the target rather than a sight.

Reactions
Seems like if I aim like I do a rifle it would take to long to get setup and fire. Is this why they say unzip them? Multiple shots running bottom to top?

Reactions
Well, it does depend on if you are looking to "Spray and Prey" or actually trying to hit your target. Me I point shoot and don't even look at the sights. But when I am shooting targets I do see the front sight up against the target.

Different Strokes for Different Folks!!!

Let Freedom Ring
Copeland Custom Gunworks
Sporting Systems
Cerberus Training Group
Southwest Firearms
Advertise on Northwest Firearms

Upcoming Events

Tactical Ordnance Gun Show
St Helens, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington Gun Show
Battle Ground, WA
Wes Knodel Gun Shows