JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well done by the OP. Every buyer should know what they want in the beginning and then educate themselves on the choices. Almost as important is the knowing what you might want the gun to become - aftermarket options as it were. That is easier with some platforms than others, and is something a buyer should consider.

Or, like most of us 1911 fans, you're so addicted you keep buying different models for the different uses.......

I did. That's why I got rid of it after finally making it work right, I was disgusted with it.
I kept the STI.

Really? I hated anything I have had from STI. to much breakage.

I'll keep the springer.
My carry one has over 10K down it now
another in the family is pushing 40K through it.

Neither have any issues.

Maybe you had a bad springer and I have had bad STI.

I think I have heard at least a couple probs and some times a lot more, with all the 1911 guns. If you keep track of how much noise is made about a certain 1911 you may want to buy, (on 1911 forums) And keep in mind what these probs are, then you can feel good, bad or great about your choice. But you have to remember that they are all made by man and there for are subject to a bad day.
Dave

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads