Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

1911 sear jig to borrow?

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Gunsmithing' started by Green Rabbit, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Green Rabbit

Green Rabbit Western WA Member

Anyone got a 1911 sear jig that I could borrow to have a trigger job done? I would assume liability for any possible damage to the jig (which rarely happens to any of my tooling); I also have a lot of tooling that could offer in exchange - jigs, receiver truing fixture, I also have a small mill and decent quality lathe if you need few hours for your project. I live in North King County.

2. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

One would think that any place you would bring your 1911 to "to have a trigger job done" would have a jig. And conversely, the place you would not want to bring your 1911 to "to have a trigger job done", would be one that didn't have one.

3. Green Rabbit

True :) although probably not any place would be willing to let others to use their tools

4. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

True. Perhaps I'm confused. Where will you be bringing your gun "to have a trigger job done"?
    If you want to borrow a tool to do it yourself why would you say and continue to say such a misleading thing. Just say that YOU want to borrow a tool to do it yourself.

5. Green Rabbit

Yes, I should have been more clear. I want to borrow the tool and do the trigger job myself.

6. Velzey

Velzey Estacada, Oregon Gunsmith Gunsmith Bronze Vendor Bronze Supporter

It took me many hours to master using this jig. There is allot to doing a proper 1911 trigger job as I'm sure you know.
    The fixture was $170
    Then all the proper stones to get that nice glass break feel was nearly $250

I could loan it out for a deposit..;)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

7. Green Rabbit

That would be great, thank you! I'll PM you