JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
OK 1911 experts out there, I have some questions.
While shooting the other day my safety stopped moving from "safe" to "fire" because this pin was getting in the way. This hasn't happened before. I can move the pin out of the way with my fingertip and disengage the safety, but there is obviously something wrong for it to be doing this.
stuff007Medium.jpg
Safety off
stuff008Medium.jpg
Safety on, you can see that the pin has come out of place and is blocking the safety.

What do I do?

Worn parts. Take out the pin and see if it's mis-shaped. Should be smooth like a bullet. Also check the safety switch for wear-and-tear. Should be clean-cut edges.

If there's any ramping on either piece, it will lift the pin out of place.

Don't know if you've recently taken the pins and spring out, but the pins could have been put back in backwards.

I've never done anything besides field strip it.

<broken link removed>
It looks to me like part #30 is coming loose from the frame and allowing that pin to do that.

Looks like a new safety would fix the prob..........'

in the pix, the safety looks to have a slight radius............(reality might differ....)

i'd try a new safety, were it me, cheap easy 'shot' before i paid somebody to 'fix' it..........

Find a bud and swap it out????? That would be telling......
--carlos

Yes, it is the plunger tube that is loose.
I took it off and it looks to be intact. I would assume that all I'd need to do at this point is find someone that has the plunger tube staking tool ($30 at midway) to tighten it back on.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top