JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I sold my Loaded model. Bunch of useless bells and whistles.

I think the ambi safety and front cocking serrations are useless on those pistols. I would much rather see it without those two options but with a checked we front strap.

Edit: also the full length guide rod is useless... And a total pain in the @$$.

I think my next 1911 will be along the lines of Cold gold Cup national match series 70 - I have one but would like another the only thing I dont really like about them is the Ellison rear sight. I just like the military serations on the slides and it seems with many of the new pistols you get the wide serrations which to my eye detracts from the apperance greatly. I agree - no front serrations on the slides. I do like the full length guide rods but dispise the two peice like SA uses on thier pistols. I also do not like stainless.

James

I recently started carrying a 4" Springfield that I got from my grandfather, and I'm loving it so far. Took a little getting used to in the holster as it's not the lightest carrygun. But after only a month or so I'm not even noticing it's there, and taking it out plinking is a pleasure.

fKQ2C7b.jpg

fKQ2C7b.jpg

I think the ambi safety and front cocking serrations are useless on those pistols.

Yup. Hardware solutions to training problems are almost never a good idea.

I used to have a list of the things I didn't like on the Loaded, but I can't find it. I just remember "no loaded".

On another note, Springfield is not to blame. They're not in business to defend us. They're in business to sell guns. They just provided what the market said it wanted. The fact that the market wasn't sufficiently trained isn't their problem.

(Besides, I make money because the market isn't trained.)

Save up for a Dan Wesson 1911 of your choice. Costs more but is so close to a $3000.00+ Wilson Combat product you will be smiling for many years . No mim parts! You don't need a safe full of mediocre guns you need a hand full or high quality guns.

Wilson Combat runs two lines of parts-- one is sort of okay, other than having geometry that is out of spec, the other is junk. Having owned Wilson Combat, Les Baer and Dan Wesson, if you gave me a brand new gun of those brands, I'd sell it and buy milspecs.

Honestly back to the OP of wanting the best gun for his 700$ I was in the same bought almost a year ago and ended up getting the full size desert eagle 1911 and I'm very happy with it, -0- issues after break in and cleaning and I believe it to be the best new gun you can get for that price range

I would opt for a good used Kimber or Springfield Armory. Nothing too fancy. Add custom parts as you see fit and can afford. I'm partial to Ed Brown when it comes to upgrades, and have added his parts to my Springfield, Kimber, and Colt.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top