JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If they do not effect reliable operation then I use them. Some guns don't like them but others work OK. My 1911 is a range gun only, if it were a carry gun I would not use the buffer. They do work but can cause problems ( I believe they will help save frame battering). Short answer they are not necessary but may have a benefit for some guns. JMHO : Bill PS if you use one in a carry gun check it often for wear.

I use them in my Kimber pro carry. They help to keep down the frame battering., But also if you use +p ammo, you can up the recoil spring power by 2lbs, and that works well too. If they don't cause reliabilty problems, then why not use them. Old JM Browning didn't design it origionally, but that doesn't mean its a bad thing.

I use them in every 1911 I own, except the sub 4 1/4" models. They take up room where the slide has to operate, so they can cause problems in shorter guns.

If you use them, just make sure you check over them like any other part of your gun when cleaning and/or doing maint. If you see cracks, throw it out and install a new one. And for carry use, make sure your gun will run with it. Some like 'em, some don't.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top