Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

1911 reassembly S&W 39

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by explorerimports, Oct 27, 2012.

1. explorerimports

explorerimports WA Active Member

Tore gun all the way down to clean. I put gun back together. when racking slide hammer drops doesn't reset trigger. when no slide is on gun hammer locks and trigger resets. when manually lock back hammer move safety lever drops hammer I'm Sure i just have part out of place or something. Did Google it & watch few videos not much on the s&w.
    Anyone want to mess with it. Ill donate ya 1400 bullets I have in the reloading section for sale.
    does any 1911 guru local have time this weekend

:thankyou:jess

2. ron

ron Vancouver, Washington Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

It sounds like the sear spring is not installed properly. Remove the slide and mainspring housing. Check to see the sear is engaging the trigger properly. The sear spring
    is what returns the trigger.

3. wichaka

wichaka Wa State Well-Known Member

Where you located?

I'm up rive from Vancouver about 60 miles, drop in and I'll help ya thru it for nuthin'

Or PM me your number, and I'll walk ya thru it.

4. giddyupgo55

giddyupgo55 Vernonia Active Member

Go to S&W site and down load the manual for it. I have a 39 and that is what I had to do. If I were closer I would help ya.

5. explorerimports

explorerimports WA Active Member

thanks guys its was the spring ! N.W.F.A ROCKS