JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
As the title states I've got a few questions regarded a recently purchased Rock Island Armory 1911. The pistol in question is the officer's model. I'm looking into replacing the sights, as they are quite small, but I can't seem to find a solid answer on what to order. I tried emailing Fusion Firearms but I haven't heard back from them. Here's a photo with my new BP9CC

F9NOT.jpg

As you can see it has the tiny GI style sights on it. Does RIA use the standard Colt dovetail? I've read that it uses a stake on from sight, will any stake on front sight work? This is the set I'm looking at: <broken link removed>

I know they will need to be fitted slightly and I have a smith that's more than capable of doing the job, I just want to make sure I'm buying the correct sights!

Also, can anyone recommend a set of inexpensive slim grips? I like thin pistols and would like to try thin grips, but would hate to spend $50+ and find out I don't like them. Thank you!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top