JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have been admiring the "Bob-tail" guns for sometime now and thought I would move forward with another build. Have also been reading about Remsport and decided to give them a call; very nice folks.

Ordered frame slide set from Remsport: Commander frame and Slide in stainless and requested ruff cut and drill for bob-tail and serate top of slide. Slide included Novak sight cuts and the frame is checkered 24 LPI on front strap. They had an overrun from an order and I got the set for a very fair price.

Been some talk on here about the quality of Fusion; so I found what looks like a nice fire control set on their site and ordered.

All other parts from Brownells: Some Brown, Wilson, STI and EGW.

Will try and post updates and will make some attempts at photos as I go forward. Should be fun.

I used to do my own work, make my own beavertails, work the magwells, fit the barrel/slide bushing. With modern computer controled machinery the product is so much more affordable and EEK! better.
I still pack a 1950's Commercial Colt 1911A1 45 ACP, with a few tweeks. To me it is like a Diamondback or Python from the early 1970's, all the hand work was done before it was put in the box!
I've had the pleasurable experience of shooting match grade revolvers that were hand made, once the pieces were choosen from the raw forgings in the 1920's. Both Colt and S&W match grade guns were all hand built revolvers, polished as well or better than any elite english shotgun. Belive me, sex is nothing compared to that swiss clock workmanship. Inter changeable front sights in the 1920's, custom barrel leanghs, any combination of sights, barrels, finishes, stocks. And they shot like rifles!
Many was the time I planted my back against the front tire of a PU truck and even in a cross wind, busted a non-PC coke bottle @100 yards with a Colt Officers Model Match 38 spl.!
Over the decades I owned several such 38 Spls but like the fool that I am I let them go in favor of 357 mags, 1911A1s, Browning High Powers. And when I joined the Army. I no longer had a choice, and they did not care that I was the second comming of Dead Eye Dick, at least they gave me a M-14!.

Sand - I will flush cut the slide stop and sink the pin a bit on this build. One of my other 1911's is done this way and I have done it on a few other builds and like the look.

Kenno - I agree about the guns of old. I was in the navy for a number of years and the M-14 served me well for most of those years. I am planning to get one for me next year.

gunjunky, I hope you post pictures of this as it goes together. The "in process" pics would be cool to see.
I also have a Dan Wesson CBOB. It actually took me a while to get used to the looks of it, but only about one second to love the way it feels in my hand.
Kenno, I, too, have a 50's vintage Colt commercial. What a piece of machinery it is. It's been worked over a bit and if it wasn't for the CBOB, I'd carry it daily, too!
I guess I'm just a sucker for 1911s in 45! :D

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads