JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok so I have a 1911 that has never gave me problems, but ever since I started shooting my reloads, I get ejection problems. No jams, just brass flying everywhere. Sometimes to the face and sometimes just 2 feet away. Before my reloads, the shells would be atleast 5ft away. What could be the problem? Not enough powder? I use w231 5.1 gr of powder 230 gr rn bullet.

I doubt its the gun, because like I said never gave me problems.

do u keep ur hopper full,and do u know for suire that it drops consistanly? this could affect the ejection if the slide is not coming back with the same force every time.

No I don't keep it full, but when its about 1/4 I add more powder. Every 10 rounds I check the weight of the powder drop and its where it should be. Also I have the baffle for the hopper or what ever you call it.

Go back to other loads and see if it still happens.

The load you mention is not a barn burner, that's for sure. It just barely makes major power factor in a IPSC/USPSA load.

What weight of recoil spring are you using?

Go back to other loads and see if it still happens.

The load you mention is not a barn burner, that's for sure. It just barely makes major power factor in a IPSC/USPSA load.

What weight of recoil spring are you using?

Yeah I was thinking of upping the charge to 5.4gr and see what happens. I'm using a 16.5lbs wolf spring.

Ok so I have a 1911 that has never gave me problems, but ever since I started shooting my reloads, I get ejection problems. No jams, just brass flying everywhere. Sometimes to the face and sometimes just 2 feet away. Before my reloads, the shells would be at least 5ft away. What could be the problem? Not enough powder? I use w231 5.1 gr of powder 230 gr rn bullet.

I doubt its the gun, because like I said never gave me problems.
That used to be my load too....actually 5.1-5.3 of 231, depending on which 1911 I'm loading for. With my 200 gr. cast bullets I use 5.5
Most recently I loaded up a batch of 230gr. lead with 5.4 of Tightgroup.....worked just fine in my Top of the Line Taurus 1911 and my son's RIA std. 1911. Ejection also was A-OK and a consistent 5-6 feet to my right.
The RIA is pure stock and the port is about that of a stock Colt 1911....the ramp came polished from the factory. The Taurus is ramped and ported and both guns liked that load.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top