JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Thinking about selling a few 1911's two fund a venture I am looking in to but don't know what they would be worth on todays market

I am hoping some of you might be able to give me a little insight

Here is some basics on them I will post pics soon as well

Colt 1911 .45 mfg1918 sn555509 "black army" property us army orignal finish never reworked matching #s 85-90% a few light scratches 2tone mag leather holster with US stamped on it also will come with the old yellow/greenish army belt w/mag holders a
1918 us army baynote and
1918 army cloth field bag/backpack

Next is

Colt 1911 .45 mfg1918 sn239392 "black army" property us army no rework org finish 75-85% slight holster wear 2tone mag leather holster good condition

Also

Colt 1911 gov model .45 nib mfg1968 only factory fired but in flawless condition

Last but not least

1911 .22cal service model ace mfg 1943 sn sm6840 70% finish a little holster wear but clean

Any input on these would be appreciated!

Thank you for looking

I suggest taking the guns to a professional to get them appraised/certified. You have a very valuable collection- that ACE model is very rare, in my opinion. It easy to find a value on current production firearms, but with your collection, a professional would be the way to go. Plus, most of the firearms guys on here wont be able to give a good value estimate without at least a picture of the guns.
Good luck!

Or get ahold of Jack the Dog on AuctionArms. You'll lose some in commissions, but his auctions seem to fetch nice prices and these are right up his alley!! Plus he knows how to take pics to show the info collectors want that will push the auction up.

Or get ahold of Jack the Dog on AuctionArms. You'll lose some in commissions, but his auctions seem to fetch nice prices and these are right up his alley!! Plus he knows how to take pics to show the info collectors want that will push the auction up.

Good advice from Iamme. His (jackthedog) descriptions and photo's are top grade. He is probably the only one I would trust to handle these items online.
Check out his web site, it's very professional and a real treat to see some nice firearms.

And people know this about him so his auctions pull top dollar usually. In the long run it may end up a wash, or you make a little less $$, but JTD would be handling all the stuff of it.

If you want to sell yourself- I'd think hard about listing on coltforum and m1911 as both get a good deal of collectors going through.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top