JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Im gonna purchase a gun tomorrow I think. A guy I know used to have a gun shop and still has his ffl. I guess he has a nice selection still. He said he has a couple FAL's so thats what Im going to look at but I want a 1911 as well. Cant afford both right now. I have 300 rounds of .45acp but no pistol to shoot them. But I have other handguns. What I dont have is a semi auto hi-capacity hi powered rifle. I have lots of bolt guns, A couple lever guns, shotgun, handguns and about 10 .22s. I think the FAL will round things out nicely. What do you guys think? If you were in my position what would you buy? $800 to work with... You suggestion doesnt have to be 1911 or FAL. Just keep it in the budget. Looking forward to some insight!:huh:

There are FALs... and then there are FALs. Who is the manufacturer of the FAL, and what is the model?
I ask because in some alternate universe, this guy has a FN FAL 50.0 Match (or some other FN FAL that you just don't see too much anymore) that he wants to sell for real cheap. Now, if this is just another kit FAL, then it's not that big a deal.
When you say "high powered" are you saying 30 cal, or will a .223 work for you? If so, there are lots of AR15 pattern rifles out there for $800 and less. A more modern gun with a huge aftermarket where you can turn it into anything you want... almost.

C

Definitely get a MBR. But, $800 will be tough to get a good FAL. Ammo is more expensive too. I'm a FAL guy, but I'd recommend if you only have 800 to work with, get an AR (or even an AK) so you have money for ammo. Finally, read Boston T Party's Gun Bible. He'd tell you to sell some of your pistols so you have 1 really good MBR and 1 pistol as a first priority. At a min., get the MBR and sell the .45 ammo.

Ok! Are you guys ready to laugh? I bought a CAI CETME. Ive heard good and BAD about them... He sold the FAL's that he had and Im pretty sure they were kits he bought and put together to sell. When I talked to him 6 months ago he had 4 or 5 then a few weeks ago he had 2 more now there gone... I wanted something .30 cal. Just to have in my closet with a thousand rounds ready to go. I put 40 rounds through it at his house Sunday with no problems. He has steel hanging out to 200yds and I hit everything I shot at from a little 6inch stump at 20 feet to body sized steel at 200yds. Once I get it to my house I can play with it a little more and get some groups on paper at a little more distance. OSP put a 10 day hold on me?!? But I was happy with the rounds I put through it. I believe its what they call a sporter? Its has about a 20" barrel Id say.It has the wood stocks on it and looked to be in pretty good shape for a $500 gun. Leaves me $300 for dies and ammo and maybe a red dot or something... If it does have problems down the road I can do a lot of work on it myself. I put my 7mm on consignment with him and when that sells Im buying an AR15 "for the wife"hahaha... I already have a Remington 700 in .223. So Ill have some ammo for it. I will definitely read Boston tea partys gun bible. Thanks for the suggestions and everything!

An FAL is and has been a fine battle rifle for many years. If you want one of those,I would go for it.
Too many other guns to start on for suggestions.Just confuses a guy to start looking at all the different guns
Buy the FAL then the 1911.then start investigating another rifle.(you will anyway)
I have a FAL for sale on here for $750 and I believe that's about the low end of what they are going for now days. The ones with an Imbel receiver are in the 1k range.
If it's a century arms kit gun,see if he'll let you shoot it first.

And I also have a Century CETME that shakes the ground when it goes off and hit everything I point it at and eats everything I feed it.
I love my CETME sporter.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads