JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
They make them so you can use your Govt size mags in an Officers size gun without damaging the ejector from over insertion. Does anyone have any experience with these base pad extensions?

X-Grip Magazine Adapter
X-Grip Magazine Adapter Novak
Officer Compact Base Pad in Base Pads
1911 Mag Adapters | X-GRIP Mag Adapter

this one stands out to me...
LYMAN 1911 GOVT GRIP EXTENDER | Brownells

What I want to know is do they stand up to repeated slamming the mag home without damaging the ejector?

p_075000005_1.jpg

X-Grip-1911-C2-Mag-Adapter-1-1-1030x721.jpg

X-Grip-1911-C1-Mag-Adapter-1-1-1030x721.jpg

Ok, so I bought the X-Grip 1911C2 mag extender shown above (middle pic, $13.90). Haven't fired it yet but here is my initial observation.
1911C2 Mag Adapter | X-GRIP Mag Adapter

First, I completely overlooked the note that this base pad only fits certain mags, of which I own none. I almost kicked myself but noticed one of the recommended mags looks awfully familiar to a Metalform Pro-Carry series mag I have... must be identical because it slid right into the X-Grip base pad and the rear cover clicked easily in place. Once fit the assembly was solid with no play. Fit the gun nicely, function check was good and most of all the adapter pad did not allow the mag to over insert and hit the ejector.

I look forward to trying it out. My idea is to have one or two extended mags for training/practice and if they prove reliable enough an option for CCW spare.

The C2 extender pad is bulky but really fills out the extra length like a full size grip... blends real nice on an officers frame. Nice for training/range use but I think one of the other two options I posted above might be a better compromise for a spare mag carry and would still love to hear from anyone whos tried any of these options?

(Check Mate Officer, Metalform w/X-grip, Metalform and CMC govt.)
Selection_004.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads