JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A bit late to the party, but orygun has it correct.

JMB made the original offering to the Military without a thumb safety. Google "Colt 1910" and look at the images. No thumb safety.

The problem with grip safeties has always been...well, the grip! If the grip isn't right, sometime one won't disengage it, so no boom. Aftermarket makers came out with the "Speed Bump", which you'll find at the bottom of some grip safeties to help fill the void in the palm when gripping the gun. It aids in getting the grip safety to disengage the trigger bow, but even then, I know some who still have problems with it.

I was very much against taking the grip safety out of the equation, but after many years, I'm ok with pinning it in the engaged position.
There will be some folks who will cry foul, that removing a safety feature will bring all sorts of pain and gnashing of teeth if the gun is ever used in a shooting. So far have not heard of any case based on the removal of a safety or the weight of a trigger pull.
If you intentionally meant to shoot, its a moot point. If you didn't...then I can see where it might come into play.

Your call.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top