JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I came across a 1911 model 94 saddle ring carbine today that for some unknown reason followed me home. The wood is beat up, has some road rash type scarring on the receiver, and it's missing the saddle ring. Other than that it's a beautiful gun to somebody that grew up on cowboy westerns . I gave just north of $600 for it and don't think I got hurt too bad. My question is does anybody know where to find a well worn saddle ring since a new one would look completely out of place. It shoots fine and I'd like to have it complete. Will have pictures soon.

The pictures

94 carbine 001.jpg

94 carbine 002.jpg

94 carbine 003.jpg

Nice find!

I really enjoy my old Winchesters and the challenge that can come with trying to get them back to original. Many times the best way to pick up an original part is to watch ebay and gunbroker. There are also a few sites that regularly get in new "original" parts. Some of these sites also manufacture and sell replacement parts, so make sure the part is original before placing your order..the price will usually be a quick reference. I have spent up to 40 bucks to get a screw that was original with the correct aging and condition factor to replace an incorrect screw on one of my old Winnies.
Here ya' go:
Classic Firearms & Parts LLC
<broken link removed>
<broken link removed>

Also, as Mark stated, the Winchestor collectors site is a great place to get help. You can learn everything you ever wanted to know about Winchesters by spending a little time there.
Good luck!:s0155:

Thanks Shooter. Already tried Winchester Bob, he only has new old stock rings. I know about the pay for the right part fee, can get a new ring for $15 but will surely end up paying at least twice that for one with the right age and wear. It's a functional rifle only missing the one part so there's no hurry. The proper part is worth the time to find it to me.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top