JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Wilson Combat or Chip McCormick mags work well in my compact 1911. I would not skimp on mags for my gun, you really do get what you pay for w/ 1911 magazines.

Listen to Wichaka.

Ratings from the general public on just about any subject are worthless.

I know for an absolute, stomp-down, gold plated fact that the general public knows nothing about weapons, construction, foreign policy, combat or medicine.

It would stun me to find out that they know anything about buying or using 1911 magazines.

This isn't exactly rocket science. Who do you suppose buys 1911 mags from Midway etc? People from the general public who DON'T own and shoot 1911's?

Probably not. Probably 1911 owners who need a mag and go out and shoot them then leave a post with their opinion.

<broken link removed>

Surprisingly enough the ratings on Midway aren't too far off of what some have said in this thread.

Must be a coincidence...

Buy the Chip McCormick gruby, they function just as well as the Wilsons and you can buy more of them for the same money. Hmmm how'd I know that, I don't even own an 1911.

Listen to Wichaka.
I know for an absolute, stomp-down, gold plated fact that the general public knows nothing about weapons, construction, foreign policy, combat or medicine.

But the taurus 1911's are soo pretty and they're advertising says they're worth like $1500 and I've heard soo much online of people who shot a mag and knew then and there they are THE gun.......

Using Midway/Brownells is a start but not the end of it, just keep that in mind.

Thanks all
I picked up four Wilson ETM's so that each of my goverment models now have three each and I was given a money back guarantee on the two stainless kimber officer mags I purchased for my officer model - giving three good magaines for it as well. I appreicate all the input - thank you all.

James Ruby

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews