Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

1911 Mags

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by YoungBlood, Jan 20, 2013.

1. YoungBlood

YoungBlood SW Washington Active Member

Anyone on the forum ever buy mags from Joes 1911 Mag Mania? Did a search and couldn't find any feedback...I bought 5 for myself and my Dad last year and have cycled a couple hundred ounds without any hiccups. Only issue I've had is with some Hornady 200gr HP failing to load, but it happened on these mags and others I have so I'am not sure what the issue is, probly be the header of my next post. Anyhow this guy has decent quality mags at a really nice price, at least they were the last time I checked. Believe the website is joes1911magmania.com for those interested.

2. mrblond

mrblond Salem OR Well-Known Member

never heard of them. do they make their own or something?

3. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Hmm, OP's fourth post and it's praising a place no one has heard about.

4. YoungBlood

YoungBlood SW Washington Active Member

Wow didnt know I had to have 1,000 posts to have an opinion and try and save someone else a few bucks. But anyhow I believe they do make them but could be wrong, if your online you could just check the website out. Dont take my word for it because I only have posts.

5. MarkAd

MarkAd Port Orchard Well-Known Member

Don't worry about it YoungBlood. but I have to admit I don't have a warm fuzzy about that site.

6. moose

moose northwet coast Well-Known Member

Thinly veiled testimonial. Gee, lets all run over there and get some mags....

7. PuddleMonkey

PuddleMonkey Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

don't forget to hold hands when crossing the street!

8. Sheldon

Sheldon California Member

I bought a 10 pack of them initially and split that order with my neighbor. I shot them and they worked well enough that I ordered 15 more and they work fine in my 80 series Colt Gold Cup and my son's newer RIA Match pistol. The overall consensus on the M1911 pistol forum is they are Checkmate seconds. I have some pics of the mags that I got the first time around and the second batch weren't as clean looking but functioned fine and I'm still happy with the purchases. Here are my pics of them alongside a USGI Checkmate mag for comparison in case anyone else is interested.

package.jpg
    side.jpg
    back.jpg
    base.jpg

package.jpg

side.jpg

back.jpg

base.jpg

9. Sheldon

Sheldon California Member

Couple more pics....