JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hey all...I'm looking to get some magazines for my RIA Tactical .45 ACP. I got a couple of Colt magazines and I wanted to see how good the spring in the mags were. So I loaded them up and stored them for a couple of days. I then unloaded the mags and found that when I rack the slide back, it wouldn't catch. I did the same thing with the Novak mag that came with my 1911 and noticed right away how much stronger the mag spring felt when loading it. After a couple of days, the slide still locked back.

A friend of mine said he doesn't use anything but Wilson Combat or Mec-Gar magazines in his 1911, but there are so many different mags available I thought I'd ask.

Thanks...Vince

I use the wilson combat. I rally like the quality and to date, they have not failed in any way.
The do what they are supposed to do. Plinking is one thing, defense, I want to make sure that everything works everytime.

Not sure which size 1911 you have, link for mags is for any 1911 and compact, link for springs is for commander 1911s but easy enough to navigate to other size...

Over on m1911.org forums a lot of people speak highly of Joe's Mags. I am also looking at getting some new mags (just purchased my first 1911). Might need to just replace the mag springs, again on m1911.org forums a lot of people recommend <broken link removed> for mag springs and also for recoil springs... Plan on upgrading my mag springs as well as installing a 18.5lb recoil spring to see what that does for me.

Anyway, good luck and please post with what you end up going with and your review of the product!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top