JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello everyone,

I am in the process of colleting parts for a 1911 build and am wondering if anyone in the Beaverton area might have a railcutting jig, barrel lug file and stake tool for the plunger tube for sale. If not in Beaverton, I'll pay shipping an all of course.

I didnt realize really how expensive those all are before diving into this *eyeroll*. However, Loaning, I believe won't work right? Anyways, PM me about it!

Hello everyone,

I am in the process of colleting parts for a 1911 build and am wondering if anyone in the Beaverton area might have a railcutting jig, barrel lug file and stake tool for the plunger tube for sale. If not in Beaverton, I'll pay shipping an all of course.

I didnt realize really how expensive those all are before diving into this *eyeroll*. However, Loaning, I believe won't work right? Anyways, PM me about it!

Correct, loaning the jig and tools will get the lender into a wee but if trouble. Purchasing said items for $5, using, then selling back for $5 on the other hand... won't.

Correct, loaning the jig and tools will get the lender into a wee but if trouble. Purchasing said items for $5, using, then selling back for $5 on the other hand... won't.
Yeah thats why I had said to PM lol. I was gonna buy them ;). Anyway, I am pretty much done with my build.... still mocking around with the finish

I'm most of the way done with one and in the process of getting it fine tuned. I've already talked with Lucky about coatings.

I'm still surprised at the amount of filling to get pieces to fit.

What kind of coatings does he do? I currently have a stainless frame and carbon steel slide. Paint doesent hold up good. I even attempted a nickel plating... that turned out okay but I sanded it off because I didnt realize how much prep was involved to make it look smooth lol. I like the ionbond/dlc finishes a lot but am somehow more drawn to shiny haha. I've just shot 50rds through it on the weekend and my frontsight came loose and had a failure to feed (after installing a tighter front bushing).

Why does this get one in trouble?

I have a staking tool, grip safety jig, seer jig, and bobtail jig I would er... sell and buy back for $5. Other items, small parts and mags I'd sell for real too if needed....

well.I dont need any tools anymore actually. I even sold the ones I bought.

loaning gets one in trouble because it has to be manufactured with your own tools by yourself for yourself. Thats why "buy" and "sell back" with "receipt"

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top