JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
hey guys. New to the forum and i had a question about 1911's or specifically the Springfield EMP. I have an EMP and I've noticed if i load a full mag, chamber a round and then remove the mag, as the magazine comes out it rips out the next round. It'll do this with a full mag and even a partial full mag. This is a little annoying when doing drills and reloading and i don't like a bullet just falling out of the gun. Is this typical with 1911's or could it be something with my specific gun?

When chambering the first round it is probably moving the next round slightly forward so that it catches when removing mag.
Maybe the mag is not holding the round quite as tight as it should. Just a guess

Thanks for the replies. I have not tried different mags and i don't think it happens if i don't chamber a round. I'm not home now so I'll do some more tests later. I'm guessing this doesn't happen with glocks or S&W or any other striker fire gun?

I'm guessing this doesn't happen with glocks or S&W or any other striker fire gun?
I've had it happen on striker fired guns too...mags get dirty rounds hang up so no tension on top round and it just falls out. Also had what was previously mentioned happen, round gets moved forward and then "rolls" out when removing mag

Played around with the gun tonight and it seems that when you chamber the first round, as it goes in it drags the next round forward a little bit. If you drop the mag the next round catches the feed ramp and will pop out. I found a post on a 1911 forum and seems it's a common problem for 9mm 1911's. It's not a problem just a bit annoying

I'm not familiar with the 1911's yet. Soon though. I think I would try a better quality (Wilson Combat) mag and see if that may remedy the problem. Reason I say this is, I watched a review that the reviewer referenced cheap mags. I could be miss-spoken regarding yours though.

So on my Kimber if I put a mag in charge it take the mag out the next round will be a little bit forward .but it will not come out of the mag .
I just push it back load another round.
But I have Kimber gun and Kimber mags
And Wilson combat ten round mags

But it doesn't happen all the time.
And when I say the next round moves forward.
I mean just a tiny bit .
It happens on my Glocks also.
But .
The round never falls out when I strip the mag

The magazine spring doesn't apply enough pressure to the top round so the combination of the feed lips and the round under, keep it in place...can happen with 45 cal 1911s as well.

Contact Springfield for new magazine springs.

I've got some odd and different magazine springs...if we can find a match...they are yours, no charge.

PM me, as I'll need some details.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top