JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'll get a couple of things out of the way first. I came across this from another website. I also hope I'm posting this in the correct area. If not please move the post.

The gun was not malfunctioning, cock and lock. After the accidental discharge the spent casing was still in the chamber.

http://www.simplyphysics.com/flying_objects/GuninMagnet.html

I fell a good moral to this story is that guns and MRI's don't mix.

Those magnets are ridiculously powerful... I have a scientist friend who encouraged me to hold a small metal object up to the small NMR (same thing as MRI) machine in her lab... Never felt anything like it before or since....

Anyone ever seen that episode of house where House shoots a corpse in the head and puts the corpse in an MRI to test if the bullet is magnetic? Not real, still funny. He did it to see if it was safe to put a patient in the MRI that had been shot.

At a hospital with which I'm familiar, a series of backup gas bottles (Oxygen, Nitrogen) were not secured properly. When the magnet was energized, they broke free, went through the wall, and killed the service engineer.

The devastation was quite remarkable.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top