JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What is that model and what's it sell for? My daughter would love that thing.
Kimber Ultra carry II Compact, stainless. Retails @$899:00 but you can find them well under that! Also available in 9 mm, 40 S/W and .45, and I believe now in 10 mm! the Blued version is under $700 for the same thing. Note, It doen not come with tritum sights, you have to order it with them or go to the next version. It alsl does not come with the Hoage rubber grip!

Kimber Ultra carry II Compact, stainless. Retails @$899:00 but you can find them well under that! Also available in 9 mm, 40 S/W and .45, and I believe now in 10 mm! the Blued version is under $700 for the same thing. Note, It doen not come with tritum sights, you have to order it with them or go to the next version. It alsl does not come with the Hoage rubber grip!
Thank you! I finally dug it up, but didn't get all the info you provided above. I'd like to know if it comes in 10mm!! Hell I'll buy one for me if it does.

How thin is this thing? That's another thing I didn't see, or got sidetracked before I really looked.

It reminds me a bit of my black CZ Rami, but it's a double stack 10 +1. If this is a single stack I'm going to have to order two...

The daughter is getting her first 1911 for her 16th Bday.... this is the one. Thanks again for pointing it out!

And the end result....

20160510_194637.jpg

Damn fine choice. I'm jelly.

One of these days I'll break down and buy a 1911 in 9mm. That day is coming...

Thank you! I finally dug it up, but didn't get all the info you provided above. I'd like to know if it comes in 10mm!! Hell I'll buy one for me if it does.

How thin is this thing? That's another thing I didn't see, or got sidetracked before I really looked.

It reminds me a bit of my black CZ Rami, but it's a double stack 10 +1. If this is a single stack I'm going to have to order two...

The daughter is getting her first 1911 for her 16th Bday.... this is the one. Thanks again for pointing it out!
How are you liking the RAMI? That slide is quite an exercise to rack - maybe helps with the recoil perceived. Radek and Milan sure did a nice job on the design.

Damn fine choice. I'm jelly.

One of these days I'll break down and buy a 1911 in 9mm. That day is coming...
I couldn't justify buying two of these since I have a Rami and I'm a da/sa guy vs cooked and locked. This one is for my daughters 16th bday. She just loves the 1911.....

I will get a 1911 soon just because like the Beretta 92 it's history. , but I'd like one in compact 10mm.

How are you liking the RAMI? That slide is quite an exercise to rack - maybe helps with the recoil perceived. Radek and Milan sure did a nice job on the design.
I never noticed it being hard to rack... It's my favorite semi auto compact hands down. Got rid of all my other semi auto compacts because I'd never carry them over the RAMI. My Rami is fully cajunized and polished, and it is a beautiful thing.

My edc is a 357 Magnum of one variety or another but when I want more firepower I'll grab the RAMI and a spare mag.

Just in case somebody else is after a Kimber. I bought a 9mm Stainless Target II from these guys a couple of weeks ago. They shipped the same day. Free shipping and they waved the credit card fee w/ "Slickguns Deal" written in the comments section when you check out.

<broken link removed>

Congrats on the Kimber pdxRealtor. Lucky daughter.

What are some good, very thin, grips? Looking at the VZ grips, but not sure how thin they are.

I held a Springfield compact yesterday when I had the Kimber in my hands and the thinner grips make all the difference in the world. The Kimber has such thick grips!

I really like the Hogue grips. Not the coolest looking, but they are very thin and the slightly rubbery texture enhances the grip. I also like the wraparounds for a gun with no texture on the front strap, but the grip panels are slightly thicker.

I've been lurking on this thread and thought I'd chime in. It is on this year's goal to acquire a 1911 and shoot single stack USPSA. Common sense says a 1911 should be .45. But recent conversations with others have me thinking. I'm cheap and have older hands so a 9mm is better personal fit. Bonus is one less caliber to stock in the ammo cabinet...

Bonus is one less caliber to stock in the ammo cabinet...
I hear that about ammo stocking. Finally getting things narrowed down and instead of a bunch of guns in different calibers, I am buying a bunch of guns in same calibers. (9mm, 223, 308 .22 you cant go wrong. I substituted the 9mm for 45, but that is just me as I like the energy and don't have too much trouble controlling it. BUT, If I hadn't already made that jump I think I would sub the 45 acp for a 357 mag revolver and get a sweet lever action Henry in same. Oh and of course I have the 17hmr. For some reason I love that little kickass pill. It puts a major hurt on vermin with the 20 grain xtp bullet. KerWhoop! and watch the dust fly through the scope.. Yeah baby, that's what I am talking about.

I really LOVE the VZ grips on all my full size 191 single stack pistols. My kimber has the HOAGE rubber grips with the finger groves as it makes it a nice tight fit in my hands. Ether grip option is very good IMO. Note, the Kimber is the same width as a standard G.I. 1911 so most every option fits/interchanges.

I shot the Kimber Ultra Carry ii the other day and good lord is accurate! I wish I would have brought my Rami to compare.... We were outside shooting at a gravel pit and normally we're in the range so I couldn't judge accurately how much was the gun or the surroundings.

I was repeatedly hitting a large coffee can from 25-30 yards.... and, so was my daughter who normally struggles a bit.

It's different shooting outside vs. in an indoor range though. I can't put my finger on it..... but it's different.

Anyways..... very nice gun. Thanks for the lead!

My pleasure, Always willing to offer help or an idea! Love My Kimber too (only its a .45) I always figured I might as well get a good one, and Kimber has it down! Now you gotta build that little STI, you will be hooked, I promise!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top