JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I know I've seen them before, but I am looking for a high visibility front sight for a Colt 1911. Something similar to a HiViz or a TruGlo that will fit into the dovetail on the slide. Anyone recommend any particular brand and a source to get it?

AndyH, Thanks! :) I had thought TruGlo made them, but apparently they only make them for Sigs and the Springfield XD. I knew someone made them for 1911's I just couldn't remember who.

one thing to consider is if you want a 3 dot system or not. after going to a low/no light shoot at ofa i have been looking for a set of sights that are a different shape front and rear. i did experience miss alignment of the sights in a no light environment with a tactical light. i would have never thought this would happen but it sure does. just my .02

Packman, thanks for the reply. I will consider this for my carry gun, but the intent for the Colt Goldcup I just accquired is just to make the front site pop out more.

Regarding your session at OFA, I have heard nothing but good comments about the training at OFA and am considering signing up for their basic handgun course for a starter. :s0155:

i have been around firearms all my life. my father shot match for the airforce along time ago.he has passed a long time ago and taught me alot. I went to the basic course after having my chl, just to expand my knowledge and i have been back for the dh1 and dh2 and will probably go back for dh2 again before doing the dh3 class.i feel anyone that is going to have a chl should attend classes of this caliber. they are #1 in my book

i have been around firearms all my life. my father shot match for the airforce along time ago.he has passed a long time ago and taught me alot. I went to the basic course after having my chl, just to expand my knowledge and i have been back for the dh1 and dh2 and will probably go back for dh2 again before doing the dh3 class.i feel anyone that is going to have a chl should attend classes of this caliber. they are #1 in my book

I appreciate the input. The more I hear about the OFA courses from people who have attended them, the more impressed I am, but I think I'll wait until there is at least a chance of good weather before I sign up.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top