JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, I installed the Wilson sear spring, had to adjust it to make the grip safety work and put a little extra tweak on the part of the spring that touches the sear. Good news it appears the hammer following the slide has been resolved. Performing the safety checks revealed another issue. With the safety on, when I grip the pistol and pull the trigger I notice the hammer moving slightly forward, when I flick the safety off the hammer falls to the half cock notch-oh dear. Looks like a trip to the gunsmith is on the cards.

The lug on the safety is not engaging the sear properly. By allowing the sear to move out of the hammer hooks just enough that when the safety is disengaged it gets pushed the rest of the way out.

With the thumb safety engaged, and pressing the trigger...there should be no movement of the hammer.

I agree that the safety appears to me the culprit. I was wondering if a gunsmith can re-weld the part of my existing safety to build up a little extra material and refit it? I like what I have and would prefer not to buy another.

So guys, I've ordered a new hammer, sear, and disconnector from Wilson Combat. I just don't want to gamble with trying to see if my existing parts are serviceable. I want to baseline the lockwork on this pistol for safety and reliability. Thanks for all the input guys.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top