Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

1911 Grips?

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by M.Link, Jan 1, 2010.

1. M.Link

M.Link Guest

I just traded for a new to me Kimber Custom TLE II. It has the black rubber Double Diamond grips on it which I have never liked. Im looking at the Ergo Grip XT/O grips in OD or Black and Im looking at the VZ Alien grips or Operator IIs. What would you guys recommend? The Ergos are only 25.00 and the VZs are 65.00. Are the Ergos good quality?

2. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

I have the VZ Operators (not the Operator II) on my CBOB and really like them and just got a set of the Aliens for my Gold Cup. The Aliens are definitely more aggressive than the Operators which are an aggressive grip themselves. For carry, I like the Operators, but the Aliens would make great grips for an IPSC or IDPA gun.

3. spider

spider Hillsboro Well-Known Member

www.ahrendsgripsusa.com try these guys, they have less agressive grips made from wood, but on the vz grips, i really liked my operator style grips, but i'm sure those operator 2 style will do the job just fine. Invest in a good set of grips, you won't hurt yourself doing it.

4. Cougfan2

+1 on the Ahrends grips. I almost went with a pair of them for my CBOB, but wanted something a little more aggressive.

5. M.Link

M.Link Guest

Thanks for the answers. I do not like wood grips at all! If I can sell my Mosin on here I will get the VZs I think. I will be carrying the gun but I also want aggressive texture.

6. Riot

Riot Benton County, Washington Well-Known Member

If you ever want to "pimp out" your 1911 go here...

www.wickedgrips.com

I know the guy personally that makes them...some VERY good quality stuff.

7. Cougfan2

M.Link If you're ever up in the Portland area and would like to check out my VZ Operators and Aliens to see which one you prefer I'd be happy to let you take a look at them.

8. M.Link

M.Link Guest

Thanks for the offer! I come up often and maybe even tomarrow. Is there a way to get ahold of you if I do? I would love to check them out.

9. Cougfan2

PM sent.

10. huntpotter

huntpotter SW WA Negotiator Bronze Supporter

I've got the Ergo XT grips on my Kimber. They are nice and thin, and very grippy.

11. HappyRoman

HappyRoman Sherwood Forest Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I recommend the Kimber, OEM, Crimson trace laser grip, in black

12. M.Link

M.Link Guest

Does anybody know where I can buy a set of either the VZs or ERGOs around PDX or Salem? I want a set NOW! Even other brands that are similar?