JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Yeah..I know..I could order them online.. But..you never know what they'll actually look like..when they arrive.. I just need a set of NICE wood grips..to put on my very nice hard chromed Colt Govt. Model.. Prefer rosewood..or coco bolo..but anything particularly nice..

Try calling Lightening Arms Sports in Beaverton. They specialize in conceal carry holsters and have quite a selection of stocks for all sorts of handguns. You can find their link on our Website. They have Craig Spegial and several other manufacturer of stocks for your 1911.

They are some of the super nicest folks on the planet and their customer service is awesome!!!

Tell Craig and/or Audrey I sent you!

Just bought a real set of ivories but my wife wrapped them for Christmas. Will have a real nice set of wood grips available after Christmas that came off my Kimber.

jj

Go to thefinergrain.com and order a set. You can be assured they will be amazing when they arrive. I have bought a bunch of grips but Sarge makes the best I have ever found at half the price of a lot of the grips out there.

Here are a couple sets I ordered from him.
:)

Customgrips.jpg

CustomgripsClose.jpg

I have two pairs of nice Hogue Exotic hardwood grips for a full-size 1911 that I've never used. They would come brand new in the box.
Make me a reasonable offer if you're interested.
You can take your pick of the pair.
DEK

Hogue1911Grips1.jpg

Boy, I'm not sure what these are going for these days. They've been sitting in my cabinet for a few years now. I took a look on the web and they look closest to rosewood grips which go for $24.95.
Since they're NIB, let's say $20 which saves you $5 and any shipping costs (we're both in the Portland area). Does this sound reasonable?
DEK

Crap! I screwed-up! :( My grips are checkered and checkered ones go for $39.95. Oh well - my mistake. Since I said $20, and I'm a man-of-my-word, that'll be the price, but I'm hoping the potential buyer will have mercy on me and offer me $30 instead. :winkkiss:
DEK

Hi Doubletap,
Jeez, I feel bad I didn't wait for the author of this thread to respond. I'm discussing a sale with PlayboyPenguin at the moment. Unfortunately, he got in with his post before you. However, since you were the person who originally posted this thread, I've let him know you've asked about them and he may be willing to let you have them. I'll let you know asap.
Thanks.
Dave

Boy, I must be getting old! I forgot I have two pairs!
Sure, Doubletap, you're more than welcome to the second pair for anything you want to offer between $20 and $30. Let me know.
DEK

Everything worked out! :) PlayboyPenguin got the pair on the right for $25 (he felt middlin' sorry for me - as Mark Twain might write :D), and Doubletap got the pair on the left (for at least $20 and I don't know yet if he'll feel sorry for me too :s0114:). So both pairs of grips are gone! I'm just glad they'll be put to good use by a couple of fellow gun enthusiasts!
DEK

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.