JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I need some help, advice, on extending the grip on my 1911 Officer (Compact) style Kimber. I'd like to get at least another .25 inches. (I know, I should just buy a full size frame, but sometimes you "gotta dance with the one you brought to the prom"). I see several varieties of magwells out there; would they accomplish what I want?

TechWell has a Magwell/Grip System that uses longer grips cut to accept a tab on the magwell to hold it in place, so you need the complete system. Hogue has something similar called Extreme Mag/Grip Kit that includes a new Mainspring housing. Both priced in the 150 range.

Wilson has a Mag Well that, with minor grip modification clips around the lower grip bushings to hold it in place, only about 40 bucks, or for 90 dollars a speed chute that uses a new mainspring housing to hold a mag well in place.

Any experience with these or similar would be appreciated. I have not seen any in person, just pictures online.

I've had the Wilson magwell that fits under the grip panels. It is easy to install. You still will need new grip panels, that are the square bottom style, so they blend with the mag well, so you might be into it $80 by the time you are done. The new Hogue system looks solid. I've only seen it on the net.

<broken link removed>

I too thought I wanted a longer grip after I shot my UCII, just couldn't keep my grip on it, constantly readjusting my hold.

I bought the hogue grips and have not had a problem with my grip since.

<broken link removed>

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads