JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hope this is the right forum for this question:

I have a 1980-built Colt MKVI Gold Cup in really great original blue condition, Collet bushing and tapered barrel, that needs a checkup by a journeyman 1911 gunsmith. I haven't found anyone from the local Washington county shops yet who claims to be that 1911 Gold Cup expert. They all said we work on 1911s "all the time" but when I tell them it's a vintage all original Gold Cup, they seem less confident.

Anyway, mine shoots great and makes really nice groups but, it throws brass 6-8 feet over my right shoulder like it should only about half the time. The rest of the time brass goes every which way, and at my face :cool:

The extractor claw edge is a bit rounded from years of use AND the old style ejector, not an "extended" type like series 80s, itself is a bit loose in the mounting holes. These two items are probably the root of my inconsistant brass flinging but it needs a good checkup.

Who do you get your old 1911's repaired with in the Portland area? Who's the guru ;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top