JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thanks Joe, I was looking for anyone with hands on training experience with one of the better shops / schools.
I took the M-1 Garand last year at DCM and walked away with a very nice M-1 and quite a bit of good knowledge and experience.
The class took about 4 days from parts to functioning M-1.
Looking for something like that with the 1911.
Just did not want to spend the $$$$ without a bit of feedback.
Cheers
Thanks again:)
Jeff

MosinVirus has a really nice set of youtube videos you should really have a look at! Most of us that have started out building 1911's have watched and learned from those vid's! Seriously, you really don't need to spend a bunch of funds on a class when you can watch these build vids and be successful on your own! There is a ton of tips and tricks as well as tool lists and you can take the funds of a class and instead, invest in tools! Best of luck, and feel free to ask any questions you might have! Several of us here have built 1911's and it's a fun hobby to have, and you can build any 1911 you wish once you know how, and have the tools!

It would be great to have a local gunsmithing class to make a pistol and then get to bring it home. I dont see any local. Places like cylinder and slide have focused classes like fitting a barrel. Dont think I would pay for a flight for that type of class.

@Velzey or maybe another person here has the gear and space to teach a small class for something like this.

Probably pay for the parts and class ahead of time so everyone has the same stuff and then you get to take a gun home.

Between that and AR build classes, a guy with the space and tools could probably pay the bills if not make a decent living at something like that.:rolleyes:

From what I've read it is an amazing class! Plus if you mess up you have an expert right to correct your mistake and award you the excabiler

Sent an email to the Rodgers folks a week ago and he will put you on a mailing list for upcoming classes.
When I did the CMP M-1 school I mixed in a trip to the Talladega race track. (bucket list)
Really made the trip worth it.
This is a great thread:)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top