JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What's your skill level? Are you just looking to drop in some parts, or are you tuning the trigger pull? I don't usually replace springs, unless they're worn, until I've squared and polished the engagement surfaces. That process by itself can take ounces to pounds off a trigger pull, and make it crisp. Then you can decide if you want lighter springs.
Jason

Y mess up a already good piece. It comes with many modern improvements. If needed, you could have or hone the sharp or burred surfaces with an Arkansas stone, maybe use a different recoil spring to fit you comfort level and still operate the slide, and adjust your custom loads if you reload. You can tweek about anything on the 1911, but sometimes the results are less impressive than the original.. A person with many to tell stories about..

Samurai,
I am a newbie to the 1911 scene, in both being an owner and smithing them. I have heard of the buff and polishing that alot speak of, I just haven't but it works great so I really didn't think I needed to do that. I really just want some drop in parts but I am not real knowledgeable on good parts. The things I want to upgrade would be the trigger, sights and grips. all the ones on it work great, but...

Happy,
I dont reload, but and I THINK the recoil spring works fine, I was thinking more trigger...

1911's are what I work on, mostly tuning and reliability work...yer welcome to the shop anytime, and we can go over the gun...no charge.

Drop me a PM, and I'll lave ya my contact info.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top