JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm impressed by the help I've recieved so far. I'm trying all of it. I picked up a couple of those aluminum dummy rounds today and recievecd the new extractor today. It seems to work fine but thats just dummy rounds. I've got to get some ammo. I'm out of primers and no place near by to get them or loaded ammo. I live in the middle of nowhere. I hope to pick someting up this weekend. I use FMJ round nose. I'll keep you all posted and again Thank You!!!!

If you did the test I mentioned with the extractor removed from the equation, and you're still having the same problem...the extractor is not the issue.

Its more than likely a 3-point jam, but will need some more info., and the results of the last test.

Also, it was asked a few posts ago, but what ammo you runnin' that causes the problem? or is it all ammo?
If so what are the brands?

Whichaka,
I'll go over your idea later as as I'm leaving for a while. But I do have a question for you. On a 3 pt jam are you talking about the casing having contact with the gun at 3 pts? I'm not that good on these computers that I could post a picture, even if I had an idea how to. As far as ammo I "believe" it was Winchester 230gn round nose. If I buy factory ammo I never buy that cheap crap. I hope to find some place today in my travels that sells pistol ammo. I'm in a rural area of northwest Wisc. I have a drive for everything. I'll keep you posted. And again thank you, you've ben a great help.

A 3 point jam is the case head in contact with the breach face, the wall in contact with the barrel ramp, and the bullet nose in contact with the roof of the chamber.

Essentially it the barrel not times properly, its either not to bed when the round is trying to chamber, or when the round is trying to chamber, it pushes the barrel forward, in which the link forces the barrel to rise...not allowing the round to chamber.

Have seem as an easy to major machine work to fix them. So some tests are needed to see where the gun lays as to the spectrum of whats needed for the fix.

The saga continues: Replaced the extractor, bought some new Remington ammo. Went to shoot and now what happens is the cartridge starts into the chamber and goes to appros 3/8 of an inch short of closing. This was happening before. I have to force the slide foward and it is hard. Looks like some scratch marks on cases. Took the barrel out and cases fall in like they should. Whichaka, you seem to have an interest in this, if it would be easier for me to call you let me know. You could e-mail me your phone number of I could send mine. IF, you would like. My next step is to again go over the feed ramp looking for burrs and to get a new recoil spring. Wish me luck!!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top