JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I purchased one a Clark Kit about 10 years ago to fit to a custom Caspian I had; it already had a ramp cut so I thought it would be fun.

But the more research I did from owners and shooters, and thinking I did about my needs and habits, I decided if I really wanted .44 Mag power, I'd just get a S&W 29 and not deal with the headache involved. So I sold off the kit and and got a 3" 629, and now later also a nickel 4" 29. Much more fun in my mind. The problem in my mind was the gun is really a range toy and becomes to impractical for woods use or carry. But if it's just a range toy you want, and you enjoy reloading and experimenting, it could be fun. Not cheap or easy, mind you, but fun.

I bought the Clark kit also. I put it on a newer G.I. Springfield Armory 1911. The gun shot well, I enjoyed it. The appeal of 44mag power in an 8 shot semi auto really sold me. However, after doing quite a bit of reading on the 1911, I decided for ME, that design was never meant to deal with that kind of pressure/slide velocity/battering. I know, I know, It's got a comp, & stiffer spring, It just made me uncomfortable. These days for my "magnum" semi auto handgun, I shoot a glock 20 with stout handloads. It's my opinion that 16 rnds of stiff 10mm more than make up for 8 460 Rowland cartridges. I have no delusions about what either cartridge will do. they're still just hand guns.

thanks for the input I was on the fence and you pushed me off and I think it was the right way.
think i'll go with a 44 instead

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads