JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That shouldn't be the case. If it is something wasn't fit right imho

The match guns are purposely fitted tight for match accuracy. One of mine was done over by a master 1911 guy who fitted the original Argentinean slide to frame, tight.. It became more reliable as I shot it and to this day it will drop bowling pins at 35 yards.. and yes it now rattles a bit. It is as reliable as a Glock now

The match guns are purposely fitted tight for match accuracy. One of mine was done over by a master 1911 guy who fitted the original Argentinean slide to frame, tight.. It became more reliable as I shot it and to this day it will drop bowling pins at 35 yards.. and yes it now rattles a bit. It is as reliable as a Glock now

But if fit right from the start you can still have a tight gun that runs right from the get go is all I'm saying :)

The 1911 platform is a time and combat proven design and using a known brand should serve you well. As with any choice you make, it is critical to train and practice with it so you can carry it with quality ammo, in full confidence.

I carry a 45 kimber Pro Carry II, which was purchased off this forum for $600, and it is 100% reliable. I personally have not had to go up against 1 person, much less 15 or 20, so accuracy is much more important than quantity of shots fired. The most important thing is to have a gun that fits your hand is comfortable for you to shoot, keep it clean then learn to hit what aim at.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top