JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This guy is asking $1100 for it. Comes with 100 rounds and one magazine. I'm tempted but it's just exactly the wrong time for me financially. What do you think? Good deal?
Colt45.jpg

I love the 1911 series as well.
But , How is the bore? Is the magazine proper to the era of the pistol?
I would also swap out the grips to a WWI era style.
Neat looking pistol nevertheless. And how often do you see a WWI era 1911 for sale?

Also as you mentioned this isn't the best time dollar wise.
How much of a hit to you want to take if you need to replace any of the above mentioned items?
Granted my concerns are easy fixes , especially if you don't care about proper era parts or a proper era look.
But if you do , finding the right part might be tricky or pricey.
Andy

Last Edited:
This article claims that Remington UMC only produced 21,677 of 150,000 ordered.
I would do a little research before I plunked down my money.

"The first Remington-UMC pistols were delivered to the government in August 1918, but the company was never able to achieve the desired production rate. The company's M1911 production contract was cancelled in December 1918, soon after the signing of the Armistice, although production did not actually cease until early 1919. By the end of the war, Remington-UMC had only delivered 13,152 pistols. Total production was only 21,677 pistols when the final deliveries were made in early 1919."

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiWsZ_m84bMAhVN52MKHf1_B18QFggzMAQ&url=http://www.sightm1911.com/lib/history/remingtons.htm&usg=AFQjCNHgQDp1naRVVfZ8VQU8qeQtIQ4aZg

I think that one has had too much work done to it to be worth much to a collector. Could probably be reversed, wouldn't be worth it to me. As a shooter, I could probably find better ways to spend a grand, you can buy a new Colt for quite a bit less.

Last summer I picked up a real 1944 Remington Rand for $400 that someone had started to remove the slides finish for some reason or another.
I had it reparked by a member here (Velzey) and it looks great, but those tiny military sights make it hard to shoot accurately unless you possess 20/15 vision.
As stated by other members, there are better deals and far nicer pistols for less money then what's being offered.

Seems like a good way to get robbed. One of my favorite things to use is Google image search copy and paste the image. If the pics anywhere else in the internet itll pop up and show you all the places it's been posted. Its a good way to spot a fake.

It really tempts me because I have it's little sister, a Colt 1903 built in 1915 in .32acp. They'd make a nice pair. Of course, the grips and magazine would be a question. But the 1903 was once stolen and recovered, but recovered without the original magazine. I now have two originals for it, but they ran an average of $125 each. Original grips can be had for around $100 I believe. I acquired a spare set of correct original grips for the 1903 for about $60. Still, I have my Remington R1S Enhanced to feed my 1911 addiction, so maybe, given the spare money supply being what it is (remodeling the house), I should pass on this one. It's a shame because how many of these are going to turn up here in Eugene?

Was this the only photo of it @ZigZagZeke ?

Hmmm, no United States Property stamp visible on the frame. So its just a commercial in poor shape. Should have a two tone magazine. I would say its a $475 pistol max.
There were more photos, but I only snagged the one. The ad's gone now. After a little investigation it seems like you're right. It's overpriced.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top