JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
gonna ask an obvious question: it it a "45 caliber" or sized specifically to .451 or, say .455? could make a difference. Also, what patches? Could take some effort. My jag takes some pushing but it does go through without complaint

IMG_3283.JPG

Jag goes in w/o patch, tried lube
I'd flip that Colt over to show the other side and the effect of addressing an idiot scratch but I'm gonna get at least one reply to start a ruccus.

Ok got it. Maybe she just needs more attention or I'm impatient. Just wrapped the patch around the jag a bit tighter. BTW anybody have a preference on pistol cleaning rod? The Hoppe one I got is wobbly/loose in the handle.

Ok got it. Maybe she just needs more attention or I'm impatient. Just wrapped the patch around the jag a bit tighter. BTW anybody have a preference on pistol cleaning rod? The Hoppe one I got is wobbly/loose in the handle.
Those are the thick cotton Hoppe ones...they make a thinner type too. Idiot scratches happen...don't sweat it. I prefer the J. Dewey brass rods...

I use those exact same heavy cotton Hoppe patches and don't have too much trouble with the brass J. Dewey rod and jag. These are the thinner ones... A20B899F-154F-44B7-BFB3-E4739810E7B8.jpeg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads