Buster Beaver Cerakote
J&B Firearm Sales
Southwest Firearms
Sporting Systems
Advertise on Northwest Firearms
HighLine Firearms
Oregon Rifleworks
Reactions
gonna ask an obvious question: it it a "45 caliber" or sized specifically to .451 or, say .455? could make a difference. Also, what patches? Could take some effort. My jag takes some pushing but it does go through without complaint

Just got a Tipton jag to clean my 1911 with the cleaning patch on doesn't slide through. What do I need a smaller diameter?
Different patches especially the fat cotton ones can give you a workout...try adding oil or CLP to each of them and it may help a bit.

Reactions
IMG_3283.JPG

Jag goes in w/o patch, tried lube
I'd flip that Colt over to show the other side and the effect of addressing an idiot scratch but I'm gonna get at least one reply to start a ruccus.

Reactions
Ok got it. Maybe she just needs more attention or I'm impatient. Just wrapped the patch around the jag a bit tighter. BTW anybody have a preference on pistol cleaning rod? The Hoppe one I got is wobbly/loose in the handle.

Ok got it. Maybe she just needs more attention or I'm impatient. Just wrapped the patch around the jag a bit tighter. BTW anybody have a preference on pistol cleaning rod? The Hoppe one I got is wobbly/loose in the handle.
Those are the thick cotton Hoppe ones...they make a thinner type too. Idiot scratches happen...don’t sweat it. I prefer the J. Dewey brass rods...

I use those exact same heavy cotton Hoppe patches and don’t have too much trouble with the brass J. Dewey rod and jag. These are the thinner ones... A20B899F-154F-44B7-BFB3-E4739810E7B8.jpeg

Last Edited:
Cerberus Training Group
Advertise on Northwest Firearms
Copeland Custom Gunworks
Let Freedom Ring
Southwest Firearms
Sporting Systems

Upcoming Events

Jefferson State Shooting Association Gun Show
Klamath Falls, OR
Wes Knodel Gun Shows
Redmond, OR