JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
gonna ask an obvious question: it it a "45 caliber" or sized specifically to .451 or, say .455? could make a difference. Also, what patches? Could take some effort. My jag takes some pushing but it does go through without complaint

IMG_3283.JPG

Jag goes in w/o patch, tried lube
I'd flip that Colt over to show the other side and the effect of addressing an idiot scratch but I'm gonna get at least one reply to start a ruccus.

Ok got it. Maybe she just needs more attention or I'm impatient. Just wrapped the patch around the jag a bit tighter. BTW anybody have a preference on pistol cleaning rod? The Hoppe one I got is wobbly/loose in the handle.

Ok got it. Maybe she just needs more attention or I'm impatient. Just wrapped the patch around the jag a bit tighter. BTW anybody have a preference on pistol cleaning rod? The Hoppe one I got is wobbly/loose in the handle.
Those are the thick cotton Hoppe ones...they make a thinner type too. Idiot scratches happen...don't sweat it. I prefer the J. Dewey brass rods...

I use those exact same heavy cotton Hoppe patches and don't have too much trouble with the brass J. Dewey rod and jag. These are the thinner ones... A20B899F-154F-44B7-BFB3-E4739810E7B8.jpeg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top