JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It seems to me you hear of frames on 1911's breaking under full power loadings.....never owned or shot a 1911 in 10mm though. If they are building the gun around the cartridge I would say it's good, if they are converting 45acp to 10mm, probably going to break if you run true 10mm loads, not 40S&W equivalent 10mm loads.

I thought a G20 was next on my list but I think this one just took its place. Two birds with one gun, full size 1911 and 10mm.

I have shot a Kimber 1911 in 10mm auto and I will have to say the recoil is quite harsh in comparison to a Glock 20 even though the Glock is much lighter. For that reason I chose the Glock for this great round. Asthetically I would have rather had the Kimber, but in the end I could not justify it. As always YMMV. By the way why would a guy with a forum name of Kimber Custom even consider a RRA in a 1911? :s0114::s0114:

Personally if I was going for a 1911 in 10mm I'd get one with a 6" barrel/slide. The additional mass will tame hot 10mm loads better and provide a longer sight radius.

Sight radius yes, tame.....no

I have a G29 that has less felt recoil firing 1295 fps 180gr Gold dot, than revolver in .357mag. It's the flex in the poly frame and the weight of the ultra overbuilt, heavy slide on the Glock 10mm models that reduces the felt recoil of HOT 10mm loads

Because RRA 1911's are friggin like T&A, just lovely.

Now without the typo- Because an RIA is all the gun if not more than a majority of what Kimber puts out :)

A friend of mine had a RIA 1911 in 45 acp that I shot a fair amount. It seemed decent but he led me to beleive it was not a top shelve brand. Other than that I have no experience with them. I am always ready to hear about a company that puts out a good product for a fair price. So tell me more about the RIA 1911s iamme.

The only real "downside" imho is the cast frames, and that can be debated all day. Armscor (RIA) is working on setting up shop in US and last I knew was going to be offering forged frames soon.

Yeah machined out of billet is a good thing but most of us own firearms that are cast and they are quite serviceable. Alot of stuff from Ruger is cast and holds up just fine. I have a Ruger gp100 in 357 that is cast and I have put a lot of full power rounds downrage with no problems. Cost is likely to go up considerably if the offer a MIM version.

Forged/billet/MIM are usually used to refer to different processes. MIM is a COST CUTTING MEASURE AND WOULDN'T RESULT IN A COST INCREASE, especially when probably the majority of small parts are already MIM. Castings are as good as the company doing them and the quality the Manufacturer pays for from said company.

You are comparing a steel frame 1911 to a polymer frame Glock. I am comparing 5" 1911 to a 6" 1911.

Well you see it's this condition I have that doesn't allow me to read entire posts ....lol, doc calls it halfassitis. So you see you can't make fun of me for it because it's a real disease like being fat or something

Personally I want to see a double column 10mm 1911, the round is the same diameter as the .40 so its very doable. I sold my Delta Elite and kept my Witness Elite - they are quite similar in size but the Colt held 8rnds and the Witness 15rnds. I would just love to have a super high quality commander size 10mm with a say a 12rnd mag capacity, that would likely become my preferred carry gun. I would also agree that the Colts recoil felt sharper than a Glock 20 with the same loads.

Personally I want to see a double column 10mm 1911, the round is the same diameter as the .40 so its very doable. I sold my Delta Elite and kept my Witness Elite - they are quite similar in size but the Colt held 8rnds and the Witness 15rnds. I would just love to have a super high quality commander size 10mm with a say a 12rnd mag capacity, that would likely become my preferred carry gun. I would also agree that the Colts recoil felt sharper than a Glock 20 with the same loads.

Or if you want a gun that's a little better quality then Para look at STI.

I looked a lot for a nice 10mm 1911 and found I could buy a G20 and almost 2 for the price of the Delta or the Kimber. The STI is in the $2500 range as is the Fusion. Which has a scetchy past,from some that I read.
Even though the 10 is the same diameter as the 40,the little bit of length increase make the grip a little larger
Or are the 10mm 1911s grips the same size as the 45acp?(in single stack)

So someone step up and get one,and do a review for your buds.
I have 2 10s right now so I can't;)

Both are g20s with lonewolf slides and barrels
Sorry,deleted the pics
Anyone her know anything of Fusion 1911s? The Fusion forum talks highly of them but what do others say? There kits are under $800 right now

I haven't seen anything on Fusion in awhile, but when I did it was not good with alot of issues in their work and finish work.

You can find an STI for much less than $2500, just have to shop around.

My first 10mm was a 1076 that I carried for a few years; thing was big heavy and clunky, recoil with full-power loads was sharp and beat the crap out of the gun (and shooter). Over the years have also had a couple Colt Delta Elites, a Springfield Omega with the giant Peters Stahl ported 6-inch barrel/slide, a 610 Smith revolver, and a few different 10mm Glocks. By far the easiest, most comfortable 10mm handguns to shoot are the Glocks. As noted, the 1076 Smith was a brick as was the Omega (giant POS). The Colts are not that bad to shoot if you're not shooting full power loads, but then the 1911 was never designed to shoot anything like a full-power 10mm Auto load; have seen a couple cracked frames right at the take-down/slide release pin. The 610 is like any other N-frame magnum revolver, just uses moon-clips. Couldn't tell you if it was the "flex in the frame" or what that makes the 10mm Glocks so great, but there is something there. Also, keep in mind that the big Glocks were fist designed as 10mm guns and then changed to 45ACP whereas all other 10mm handguns were born as 45ACP guns retrofitted to 10mm Auto. The Bren Ten is pure sex, but is also a lot of money and a collector's piece nowadays, not something the average Joe can afford to buy and shoot. The Witness feels similar to the Bren in the hand, but isn't even close when it comes time to pull the trigger. If you're wanting to run full-power 10mm Auto, get the Glock and an aftermarket barrel that fully supports the case (saves your brass).

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top