JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
I am putting one of my sporter 1903's up for sale.

This is a high number Springfield Armory 1903. The chamber has been punched out to .30-06 ackley improved. I have shot it and the chamber is cut nicely. Brass can easily be fire-formed.

So let's start with the good. The stock is beautiful. It has nice grain flow and a bit of figure. Has a nicely fit new recoil pad and a steel grip cap. It had a plastic forend tip, but I replaced it with a nice dark chunk of wood (wenge I beleive).

It has a Griffin and Howe double lever side scope mount that was nicely installed. The rings are one inch. I have taken the scope off it for another project, but can probably find a tasco or bushnell to put on it if you wanted. It has a base for a Lyman 48 on it with a factory filler. I don't have the sight arm itself sadly. The front sight is a vintage Dahl banded blade.

There are some negatives. A previous owner got a little heavy handed with the polishing wheel and washed out some lettering on the front ring. Like I said, I do not have the sight arm for the Lyman rear sight. The finish is not bad, but isn't perfect. There are a few safe marks on the stock. The caliber isn't marked, but I have shot and verified the caliber, and have a piece of brass for the buyer if interested.

I am asking $500 for this rifle.

The G&H scope mount alone is worth a bit, and there been a lot of work on the stock. This isn't your typical kitchen table 1903 sporter (I'm keeping those :)).

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last Edited:
Going to open this thread back up to see if there's any more trade interest. I dropped the cash price to $550. The trade value is honestly dependent on how much I want what you have.

WTT colt pocket positive from 1908 in stellar mechanical and cosmetic shape. Locks up like a bank vault. Last patent date "July 4 1905" rare 2 1/2" model. Sorry if I already offered it to you.
IMG_1483.JPG IMG_1481.JPG

Last price drop to $500.

Trade interests?
Ruger revolvers
S&W revolvers
Lever guns
Bolt guns
Pistols (Glock, xd, SW, 1911, etc)

Pretty open really. Never hurts to ask. Worst you'll get is a no thank you. I don't mind taking something valued slightly lower than my rifle if it's something I want.

I don't really care for Taurus, hipoint, or others in that area, but honestly, feel free to ask!

If you come to sweet home, I will cover all transfer costs except the $10 to the state. Anywhere else, we each cover our own.

Thanks!

i will attest to this being a beautful rifle and in my opinion well worth the money. If I wasnt going elk hunting and neefing the money for that this would have a nee home by now.

it was a pleasure talking with him, a nice guy and someone who knows his guns.

Last trip up the ladder before it goes back in the safe and starts the process of getting rebarreled.

Trade offers?

Milsurp rifles (especially US made), pistols, other rifles. All I automatically say no to are hipoint, Taurus, and most shotguns. Other than that, I'll listen...

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.